Amani Returns!

A single ninja walked through the gates of the hidden leaf village. The guards watched her, trying to remember where they had seen them. They wore the leaf shinobi band, around their left arm.

Izumo Kamizuki and Kotetsu Hagane observed them. They looked familiar but they just couldn't land it.

There was a beautiful young woman. Her eyes made it clear she was a Hyuga. Her hair was a soft brown, almost ginger- almost like it was dyed from the sun. She wore a purple bandage shirt with combat trousers. A bandage was wrapped around her neck and two others up her arms.

"State your name and business", Izumo said. 

They looked at the woman and she looked them in the eyes, this caused the gate guards to blush.  She was beautiful.

"Amani Hyuga, I have returned from my mission", Amani spoke. Her voice was silky and soft.

Kotetsu nodded and looked through their files and frowned.

"Where is Uzuki?", he asked.
The ninja sighed and looked in the direction of the village. 

"She missed Might Guy", Amani said and looked back at the guards. "And the rest of your Team?"

Amani bit her lip and looked then straight in the eyes. Don't tell me...

"Killed in action".

"I- I see... please welcome home", the girl nodded and walked into the village.

Many eyes turned to look at the interesting strangers. They watched how the girl in front naturally swayed her hips.

Amani arrived at the hokages office and knocked on the door.

"Enter!", Lady Tsunade yelled. As the ninja entered she found a group of people standing in the office.

"I have returned from my mission, Lady Hokage", Amani spoke and  kneeled before her.

Naruto and Sakura turned to look at the new arrival. As did Shikamaru and Temari.

"Name?".

"Amani Hyuga, my lady", Amani spoke again. Shikamarus eyes widened as he looked at her. His heart was pounding in his chest.

"And what of the other members of your Team?", Tsunade looked at the young woman and saw the expression 

"I see. Welcome home, it has been a while. I shall have your reports later for now go home and rest. You have earned it", Tsunade commanded. Amani nodded and left. Shikamaru watched her go, she hadn't even looked at him.

Amani sighed and looked around the village.

"It hasn't changed at all", she muttered as she headed in the direction of the Hyuga house. Her hair swayed softly with her hips as she took a slow walk. She had tired of the running.

Once Shikamaru had dropped Temari off at her hotel he looked at the sky. The stars were starting to come out, he was still dealing with the initial shock that Amani was home. He turned around and started to run, he had to see her. Amani looked up at the sky, the stars shone brightly.

I wonder.

Amani jumped to the old rooftop, she tried to remember the last time she was here. Before everything....

She sat on the bench and looked up at the stars, a soft hum escaped her lips. Around her the shadows danced, tuning from roses to figures. The figures danced with one another like a couple at a ball.

Shikamaru watched her make the shadows dance. Her eyes sparkled in amusement. He smiled to himself as he remembered how they would sir in the roof as children and watched the stars.

"Can I help you, Shikamaru?", she whispered softly. The shadow ninja opened his eyes wider then sighed. Of course she knew I was here.

"I just wanted to talk... I haven't seen you since-", he was about to say since that day only for Amani to speak.

"-since I left for my mission". Amani stood up and appeared next to him.  She placed her hand on his shoulder and that is when he realised she moved. So fast and silent.

"It was good to see you, Shikamaru", her voice was so calm and melodic.  It sent a shiver down his spine. He watched as she gracefully jumped from the roof and landed on the ground with ease. Amani looked up at him one last time before she walked down the street. Shikamaru was almost hypnotized by how the shadows weaved at her every step.

Team Guy entered the village, the guards saw Neji and grinned.

"Why are you making such faces?", Neji glared at them.

"Oh just thought you would be interested to know a certain person just got back after being gone for three years", Nejis eyes opened wide. His calm demeaner turned to that of excitement.  He ran as fast as he could to his home. Lee followed him close by, he needed to see her.

Guy knew that if they were back then so was Uzuki. He ran off screaming inner youth.

Neji ran into his house, he threw open Amanis door only to find it empty, he sighed but then he saw her bag. She's here!

"Come on Lee!".

"Right".

They ran into the training grounds and scanned the area. And then they looked up, there she was sitting on the Sakura tree. Lee stopped in his tracks.

She was the most beautiful woman he has ever seen

She was the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. She looked at Neji and Lee with a small smile on her face.

"Hello brother, hello Lee", Lee shivered at her voice. It was soft and delicate... like a petal.

Neji was frozen, his little sister  grown up. She jumped down and leaned against the tree. Her eyes scanned Neji. He had grown up into a fine man. Her eyes then turned to Lee. His face flushed as he felt her gaze on him.

She stepped forward and studied his features. "You've become handsome, Lee", she whispered. Lee gulped, her angelic voice and beauty was enough to through him off the edge. But it was the confidence that got to him.

Neji grabbed his sister and held her close. She was still short compared to him. Amani stiffened slightly at the  touch. It had been a long time since someone hugged her. Unless it was Mina or Uzuki. She awkwardly wrapped her arms around him and smiled softly. Neji looked at Lee and nodded before letting his sister go.

"I'll go prepare some food", Amani felt her stomach growl and she blushed. Neji let out a low chuckle and left his sister and teammate.

Lee watched Amani as she sat down on the ground. He couldn't think of the word to say, it was too much for him to handle. This feeling was overwhelming.

"Are you that shocked to see me Lee?", Amani laughed little. He blushed more and then he sat next to her.

"It's not that I am shocked, I just don't know how to tell you that you are the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes upon", he laughed nervously.

"I see", Amani smiled softly and then she took his hand and placed it on her chest. His eyes opened wide and he tried to feel for her heart.

"Bu-but how?".

"My heart stopped beating the day it lost a reason to beat".