Chapter Thirty

Kylie's POV

"Bloody hell," I cursed as the mascara streaked on almost half of my face. My feet were probably swollen from my shoes and almost an hour standing here in front of the washroom mirror using a damp Kleenex to wipe my make-up. The half-empty box of tissues was placed on the counter just beside me and the trash can was full of my failing attempts to remove this stupid make-up. The digital clock in front of me read 9:56PM, two more hours to go before the New Year's Eve party starts. I don't have any more solo performances throughout the proper show so I decided to get rid of my dress and make-up, although I look silly in my shining blue glass slippers paired with a black skirt, white tube top and a blazer.

I gave up wiping my make-up and grabbed the remaining tissues to cover my top-most clothes. I opened the faucet to the fullest and splashed my face, the ice-cold water scalding my face. I leaned a bit towards the sink to avoid water wetting my clothes. Over-all make-ups is one of my no-no's and I'm pretty sure that it will stay right there under that list.

After patting my face dry, I straightened my blazer and dabbed a bit of powder to my cheeks and a concealer under my eyes. Half an hour crying did make me look like an utterly wreck. Not only it made me look like a zombie, it also made me feel like one. Questioning myself really did the trick of letting go everything. From my endless avoiding game with Dhenyze to faking a smile at Harry. I became naïve with my constant attempt to cover up everything. I ended up being a damsel in distress with a blinded reality of fairy tales and rainbows.

"Pull yourself up," I said loudly, facing the woman in the mirror. I had enough of their games. I had enough of their plans. I had enough of their love shit. I'm aware that I just admit to myself that I really do love Harry. Not just a stupid highschool-college puppy love. I had to admit that Cupid struck me hard. After all, Cupid really wants everything to be in that way, just like in mythologies where he tested every hero who face him to admit and reveal the love they had for someone - the only way to beat him up.

But admitting love to myself is not the same as embracing the fact that you need to be stuck with that stupid confession. I did admit that I love him. I'm aware that I threw that to his face. I'm aware that I'm the one who's defeated. Defeated or not, I'll show to his face that I'm not one of those girls whom he sent under his charm easily. I'm not gonna be one of those naive girls anymore.

If my ego showed up earlier before this, maybe I'm not like this. I'm not gonna end up crying and acting like a fool. Well, in Elsa's words; "the past is in the past" and I'm 100% sure that I should let go everything that has to do with Harry.

I went out of the washroom, muffled claps and music from the stage can still be heard. If I'm right, the models should be cat walking now. "Kylie?"

I spun around and saw Kendall emerge from the washroom. She must be in the cubicle when I was in there. "Hey," I tried to smile but I'm betting all odds that it went out as a cringe.

"Can we talk?" She asked sweetly. The pit of my stomach is churning with guilt. She's a sweet and passionate girl - no wonder Harry fell in love with her.

I silently laughed.

Of course, he didn't fell in love with her. He fell in love with me. Too bad. "I don't think it's a good idea, Kendall," I solemnly said.

"Why, because you're avoiding all of your problems?" She asked and I'm not stupid enough to sense her edginess voice. The she sighed, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you."

"Sure you didn't," I smiled back sickly, sarcasm evident in my tone. "And for your information, I don't have a problem."

"I don't think it works that way," she sighed while checking her fingernails. She's wearing a white leather cropped top with an underneath shirt and a light tartan trousers plus a light brown coat. In my opinion, the outfit seems silly and all when you wear that going to mall or something but it's a fashion show and based on what I experience, fashion shows are shows for ridiculous clothes you won't see on your daily life. "Don't be in denial."