Chapter Sixteen

Kylie's POV

Hello, you have reached Harry Styles' voicemail. Please leave a message after the beep.

I sighed for a thousand time before closing my iPhone. I don't know what's gotten to him and he won't answer his calls.

What if someone calls him and it's urgent?

"Kylie can you help your mum in the kitchen?" Dad said beside me whilst watching the annual football game.

I stood up and placed my phone in the phone docker. It's a gift from Dhenyze since I always misplace my phone around the house. And the worst thing is it's on silence.

My footsteps were heavy and I felt my entire weight on my feet.

"Decided to watch?" My mum said without looking at me.

"Dad said I'm gonna help you." I replied talking a seat on the stool from a mini bar just across the dining room. It separates the dining room from the kitchen.

"Can I trust you with the plates and cutlery?" She asked placing the beef casserole on the serving dish.

I went to the cupboard and fished out the plates, fork, knives, spoon and glass. I placed it neatly on the dining table and grabbed the pitcher of fresh juice from the ref.

She served the viand as well as the rice before calling my dad.

"I'LL EAT HERE!" Dad shouted. "OR LATER MAYBE!"

Mum frowned before walking out to the kitchen. I heard complete silence and the noise from the telly stopped.

Mum grinned widely entering the kitchen with Mr. Grumpy aka dad. I just stifled a laugh before sitting down and started to eat.

I finished eating before my parent does. They are still chattering about the weather in some sort of country. I excused myself before going upstairs.

My hands quickly fumbled for the door and my room boomed in. I sat on the fluffy king-sized bed and grabbed my MacBook which is on charge in the nightstand.

I clicked the Safari and logged in to Twitter.

I browsed towards my timeline but got bored after that. I was about to close it but a tweet caught my attention.

@Harry_Styles:

Out for a dinner with @Kendall_Jenner. I wish I could call it a date.

I don't know but I felt a twist in my stomach. My throat quickly dried out of moist.

How come he can still date someone out of his problems?

Oh wait.

Maybe because he can't live without girls swooning around him.

Because he's a huge FLIRT.

Why did I came up being friends with him? Or am I really his friend?

Sure we are together most times at school but what if I'm the only one who's assuming that there is something -in a friendly way- between us?

"Hey. Still awake?" My door creaked open by my mum.

"Can't sleep." that's all I managed to say. Somehow my mood swung madly. And I'm not even in my month.

"Is there something bothering my princess?" She sat beside me. "Or more like... someone?"

"I hate it when you know me too much." I groaned closing my MacBook.

"You know what, I used to tell that to your grandma too." She laughed lightly. "Tell me, what happened."

"Well..." Will I tell mum or not?