Epilouge Part Two

Harry's POV

I woke up to the sound of laughter downstairs. My eyebrows furrowed at the feeling of some sticky substance in my forehead. Yawning, I grabbed the sticky paper off my head and squinted at it, deciphering the faint trace of letters.

I didn't even remember falling asleep. I just remember Kylie sprawled across my chest, groaning at some stupid joke I told her. Clicking the bedside lamp open, I sat up and pulled my shirt back on. Heck, I didn't even remember taking it off.

Sharpen you senses, mostly your sight
Five clues you need to find with all your might
To survive the labyrinth you first need a string
So take a turn, neither the left or right wing

What is this, some sort of scavenger hunt? I raised my left hand to wipe off the sleep from my eyes before feeling something thin wrapped around my wrist. Lifting it up, I saw a yellow string tied onto me that goes a long way until to doorknob.

Standing up, I went over the door to find a pair of scissors lodged in the hook, with yellow ribbon tied around it. A piece of paper fell and I picked it up.

Take charge soldier, for you're on your own
As Daedalus fall, can Minos rise from a crow?
Search for the tree that bears neither strawberry nor apple
Before that, here's a thing called

The note was hurriedly scrawled down and unfinished. I turned it over to see a messy handwriting saying idk what rhymes with apple so just suck it up and look for the next shit turned right. A painting of maple tree done by Kylie when she was on her sixth grade came to a view and I looked for another note.

Spending almost five minutes, no note came to a view. Frowning, I read the last two notes and I almost smacked myself.

Running back to Kylie's room, I opened her drawer and grabbed her sketchpad. I flipped over to the page where she drew a horrible picture of a tree with gummy bears as a fruit. She drew it when it was University Week and our homeroom class got to babysit some toddlers in a daycare an hour away from uni.

Wonderful isn't?

Anyways, there's this girl with a crooked teeth who cried because someone stole her gummy bears. Her voice is nasally high pitched and it's really annoying. Before I lose my shit however, Kylie took in charge and drew the tree and claims that it will produce gummy bears if she's a good girl and listens to her mummy.

We found her drawing crumpled in a corner few minutes ago.

Roses are red, violets are blue
They're called violets so why the fuck it's blue

Jk lol. Just go to my room and find a stuffed toy -Ur old man

I chuckled to myself, carefully folding the sketch and tucking it to my back pocket. Going to his room, I flipped the light switch open and felt my jaw drop the floor.

A bunch of things were on his bed, covered in neat gift wrappers and matching ribbons. There must be about more than dozen of them. I sat on the bed and lifted a small stuffed toy above the mountain of gifts. Before I read the small tag attached to the ears, Niall opened the door also holding a stack of colored papers just like mine.

"Harry?" He asked. "Gee, if these goddamn poems told me that we're gonna have some time alone here then I shouldn't have come."

"Ha ha," I laughed sarcastically. "No need to be an asshole, Niall."

"Hey, are those gifts?" He said, skirting around the room and sitting across from me, grabbing a rectangular gift. "From: Roanne McKennie To: Louis Tomlinson. I hope you have a great time for your tour. We can't wait to see you and the lads next week in Madison Square Garden. XOXO. Hey, these are for us! But where's mine?" Niall sifted through the gifts and I shook his head at him. Looking at the tag I'm supposed to read, Louis walked in to the room.