Matt || Across the Room

I sat silently in fifth period, staring at the clock in anticipation. I couldn't wait for this period to be over. The teacher, Mrs. Donna is an absolute asshole and I hate her with every fiber of my being. Luckily though, I have her class before lunch so she had no excuse to hold us longer.

The only thing I liked about this class was that Matt was in it, and he sat next to me because of seating arrangements. He was an absolute dime and one of my best friends, but I'm also hopelessly in love with him. So, ever moment we're closer I feel happier. Like anything is possible.

That was until today.

"Hello class please get out your assignments from yesterday and work with the same groups. No talking about anything but the assignment. This is an honors class, it is a privilege to be here." Mrs. Donna stated strictly as we all wished we could roll our eyes.

My group and I had already finished, so we literally had nothing to do. My friends were in the same group as me, but me being the quiet one, just laughed along. I was actually having a good time.

"Miss Y/n and miss Beth, I want you to switch desks across the room, you two are causing too much of an interruption."

My heart froze. My short moment of paradise was over.

I awkwardly grabbed my books and trudged to the other side of the classroom, to where the jock of the jocks, Lotor, sat.

"So you're a trouble maker now huh Y/n?" He said while twirling his pencil.

"Yes I am." I shrugged my shoulders.

On the outside I was your normal depressed-looking teen, baggy eyes and messy hair, but on the inside I was livid.

I hate being called out and embarrassed. It's one of my pet peeves. I felt like crying right there on the spot. My messy home life makes me very triggered towards harsh tones, and Mrs. Donna sounded like she wanted me dead. I hated her. And I hated that she separated me from my few friends. All I did was laugh. Work done and everything.

I glanced over towards my old seat to find Matt  looking apologetically towards me. He mouthed a "sorry" and I shrugged my shoulders in response. But on the inside I got a little happier. Knowing he still thought of me, even across the room.

After that class was over, he walked next to me in the hallway, us both joking about how Mrs. Donna was the devil in disguise.
He always knew how to make me feel better.

Later that night we texted back and forth memes and stupid convos.

But even in hell, across the room from him, I still daydream about what we could be.

🌿🌿🌿

A/n hi friends :) it's ya boi again lol anyways this exact thing happened to me today so that's fuuun. Anyways I hope u have a fantastic day
:-D