Lance||New Years Razzle Dazzle

AU where Zarkon is defeated and everyone made it back to Earth.

*+*+*+*

Y/n's POV

I never really liked the New Year, when I was growing up it was just another day. But now that I've been gone for so long, I see everything in a new light. And I promised myself that this New Year will rock.

It's New Years Eve, 3:47.
Lance, Pidge, and Hunk should be here any moment. I'm throwing a party at my house and they are helping me set up. All of their families are invited and a few other friends.

Keith, Shiro, and Matt were at the store buying snacks and drinks for the party. I texted them ahead of time so afterwards they could help finish setting up.

I was just about to sit on my couch when I heard a knocking at my door. I looked through the peephole and saw Lance waving. I opened the door and saw Pidge and Hunk loading decorations out of the car.

"Heeey Y/n! Happy New Years Eve!" Lance said as he proceeded to hug me. I laughed and asked, "Shouldn't we help Pidge and Hunk?"
Lance blushed slightly. "Oh, yeah!"

We loaded four boxes of decorations in and set them in the living room.

"You know you guys didn't have to bring so much decorations!" I gasped, slightly out of breath.
"Are you out of breath from carrying one box?" Pidge inquired.
"Don't change the subject Pidge."
"Alright let's start unloading!" Hunk said as he cracked his fingers.

*+*+*Timeskip to party*+*+*

The party was in full swing and everyone was having fun. All of Lance's family came, and a few of Hunk's came. Matt and Pidge were playing air hockey. Keith was talking with Shiro in the kitchen and they both seemed happy. A few other friends came from the Garrison and that was about it.

I proudly looked at what I created. Everyone seemed happy and having a good time. I smiled.

"Hey Y/n! The party is great!" Lance said as he approached me with a solo cup in his hand.
He started dancing and I laughed.
"Lance are you drunk?"
"No," he leaned into my neck and whispered," unless you want me to be.."
I pushed him off lightly and laughed. That boy can be a real handful.

We chatted for a while when I just thought about checking the time.
11:58
I gasped. I grabbed my megaphone and shouted, "Two more minutes until the New Year!"
Quite a few people including me and Lance gathered in the living room to watch the ball drop and the countdown.

11:59

Lance squeezed my hand. This was the longest minute of my life.

10

Lance pulled me closer

9

I could feel his heartbeat

8

Mine was racing

7

My head was spinning

6

I can't believe this is happening!

5

Our noses are touching

4

I can feel his breath

3
2
1

Our lips collided and moved in synch as bells rang and people sang the familiar tune, "Happy New Year!" We pulled apart, our foreheads still touching.

This year is going to be a good one, I can feel it.

*+*+*
A/n sorry if the kissing part is cringy, I'm not good at that kind of writing. But I'm actually really proud of this! I needed to not write something angsty for once and I'm so happy.
I have a good feeling about 2018. it's going to be a great year.