Hunk//Protection Part Two

Hunk thought that Y/n and Lance were dating.
He saw the hug, that wasn't a friendly hug. It was a hug full of love.
But little did he know that Y/n and Lance were actually just cousins.

~flashback to when Lance asked Y/n away~

Y/n and Lance were a good distance away from Hunk when they started talking. Of course it was nothing bad, it was actually quite the opposite.

"So Y/n have you told Hunk how you feel yet?" Lance asked his beloved cousin.
Y/n sighed and said,"Not yet, though I plan on it really soon. My heart just can't take it anymore. You know what? I'm telling him after dinner!" Y/n stuck their fist in the air triumphantly.

Lance smiled brightly and laughed a bit. "I'm so proud of you!"
"But I haven't done anything yet.."
"I'm still proud that you're going to do it!"
He then picked up his cousin and twirled them around, causing both of them to laugh.

Little did they know that Hunk saw, but didn't hear.

~time skip over~

At lunch, Hunk was unusually quiet. Also, he just picked at his food and only ate half, which was very unusual. Y/n was a bit nervous, and seeing Hunk upset only increased their nerves.

'What if he is in a bad mood when i confess and takes everything the wrong way? What if he doesn't return my feelings and our whole friendship just becomes awkward?'

All Hunk could think was 'What if Y/n marries Lance and they invite me as their best man? I'll have to watch them be in love forever.'

After dinner, everyone went to do their own thing except Hunk and Y/n. Before leaving, Lance gave Y/n a thumbs up and Y/n gave a nervous smile.
Hunk still sat hunched over with his head in his hands. Y/n sat next to him and smiled.

"What's got ya so down?" Y/n asked while nudging his shoulder.
Hunk just sighed and said,"Oh it's nothing AT ALL."
Y/n raised their eyebrows and said,"Look bucko, I know you better than anyone else and I know it's not nothing."

Hunk sighed again and said," It's you and Lance ok? I've had a crush on you ever since I met you and all of a sudden you two just go out like it's nothing? I can't help it that I'm in love with you but-"
He was cut off by Y/n laughing hysterically.

"Wha- what's so funny?" Hunk asked, flustered.
Y/n grounded them-self and said,"You! You think Lance and I are dating?"
Hunk blushed and said,"Uh yeah!"
Y/n wiped a tear from their eye and stated calmly," I'm not dating Lance, he's my cousin. We are just cousins."

Hunk blushed even darker and went,"Oh.."
Y/n smiled sweetly and smushed Hunk's face together, looking him in the eyes.

"Oh and I love you too."

***
A/n, Hunk is a babe and needs to be protected at all costs. He dEsErVes LovE