Chapter 27

Miracle

After yesterday, I woke up in our bedroom, just like every other morning. I remembered yesterday and smiled at myself. I must have fallen asleep naked. Not my first time, though. It seemed like Jungkook had gone to work already.

He has started working again because we have planned to have a little longer honeymoon than usual. I hate to leave Hangeum, but I trust him to Jimin and Momo. As much as I'd want him to come with us, I want my time with Jungkook. I lost too much time with him when he was gone.

One thing was bothering me, though, the sickness. Hangeum hasn't been sick, and neither Jungkook nor my brother or Momo. So, I don't know where I could have caught this sickness.

I did have one thought in my mind.

Later, when Jungkook was at work, I went to the store with Hangeum to buy food in general, but that was one thing that kept me away from the real world.

Could it be?

As I came home, I put the food in the fridge, fed Hangeum, and put him on his afternoon nap. Then I went upstairs to our bathroom. I had to do this to be sure, but it can't be possible.

It took me the time to unwrap the test from its box, and before I even took it, I looked into the mirror, repeating the same sentence.

"Don't be pregnant, don't be pregnant...''

Yes, that's the thought I'm having. I had the same things when I was pregnant with Hangeum. It can't be from the sickness either.

I took the pregnancy test, put it on the counter, and waited for the results. I was sitting on the toilet, hands in my face, praying. Jungkook wasn't home yet. Now would be the worst time to come.

After a few minutes, the test was ready to show the results. I closed my eyes before taking it into my hands. My heart was beating like hell.

Was I ready for this again?

Was Jungkook?

What will he say?

Finally, I took the courage to look at the test.

My heart skipped a beat when the test showed positive.

Somehow, I didn't even notice that my legs got shaky, and I fell on the floor.

Without knowing, tears were streaming down my face. Are these the tears of happiness or what? I was scared. I wasn't scared of having another child. It's not that I didn't want more.

The only reason why I'm scared is him.

When Jungkook came home, he knew that Hangeum was sleeping. So he didn't try to yell at you for being able to find you. He put his jacket where it belonged and went to look for you.

He looked at all the rooms downstairs before going up. Usually, you're making lunch, but now you weren't in the kitchen, so he was a little confused. So he went to your bedroom.

I heard Jungkook stepping into our bedroom, but it didn't lift my head. I was staring at my fingers. I tried to dry my tears and calm down before he came home.