TWENTY-EIGHT

TWENTY-EIGHT 

The next morning, in the woods, I arrive with Stiles, in his jeep. The tires screech, Scott followed us on his dirt bike. Isaac and Allison came into Allison's jet black car. I turn to Stiles and smiled at him, he smiled back. Lydia was in the back with us.

We all get out of the Jeep and close the door, I was then immediately by Stiles' side. Isaac had jumped out of Allison's car along with Allison.

"Squad goals," I mutter under my breath, not expecting anyone but Isaac and Scott to hear.

"Anyone else thinks we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia questioned allowed. Breaking the silence.

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott reminds us.

"Actually, we're trying to keep a guy killing from a coyote who is actually is a daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote to a daughter," Isaac corrects.

"And again, with the not helping." Stiles pointed out.

Scott then ignored them and turned to Allison. "Did you bring it?"

Allison had opened up the boot of her car and brought out a gun. God knows what that was.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Stiles yelled after my brother, as he had hoped on the dirt bike and left. Apparntly there were gunshots heard.

Isaac had run after him along with Allison. Stiles then tried calling his father. "It took the doll again? What the hell is so important about this doll?" Stiles exclaimed over the phone. I stand beside Lydia. He then had this look on his face, like he realized something. "It's the doll." He dropped the phone, he and I making intense eye contact. "It's the doll?" He squinted his eyes.

"Okay..." I trail off, and another gunshot was heard.

I was pacing around as Stiles was bent down on the ground. "All right, but why would it go all the way to the school and then all the way back to the house all for a doll?" Stiles asked. I tried thinking, I really did but I just kept pacing, Lydia stands aside. "One that was in the car wreck the first place. We didn't find it in the coyote den."

"It like's the doll, who cares?" Lydia asked, shrugging from aside.

"It's like the doll a lot." Stiles pointed out.

"What kind of doll is it?" Lydia asked.

I had stopped pacing. "I don't know, it's a doll, you know. It's got little arms, a big baby head, and dead, soulless eyes."

"Stiles, it's not real. Of course, it'll have soulless eyes."

"Actually, I took a picture of it." Stiles ignored my comment. "Here." Lydia walked over to Stiles, and he showed her the phone, I too, went to take a look.

"That's Malia?" Lydia points to the older looking girl.

"Yeah, that's the jacket and the scarf we found in the den." Stiles murmured.

"Stiles, she's not holding the doll." Lydia said.

"That's Malia's younger sister." I mumble. "It's her doll."

"I know what she's doing." Stiles looked at me, I widen my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"I know where she's going."

"Scott's, it's me, you got to call me back as soon as you can." Stiles said over the phone as he, Lydia, and I started to walk. "It wasn't Malia's doll. It was her sister's. Malia left it in the car for her sister." I walk behind him, behind Lydia, trailing. "It's like bringing flowers to a grave. Okay, and we stole the flowers."

I stopped, my foot hitting metal, I slowly looked down and saw it was an animal trap. "Stiles?" I whimper. I freeze.

"Yeah?" Stiles asked and his eyes landed on mine, he then let his trace go down on the animal trap. If I move my foot, it's going to go snap and eat my leg off.

"Stiles?" I squeak.

"Stacey, don't move." Stiles told me sternly, walking quickly over to me.

"Look for a warning label." Lydia instructed, and my breaths became heavy.

"Why does God hate me so much?" I breathe.

"A warning label?" Stiles asked.

"Instructions on how to disarm it." Lydia explained.

"Why the hell would there be instructions on the bottom of a trap?" Stiles asked.

"Because animals can't read." I whimper. We made brief eye contact, and he nodded. He then bends down, and he looked at for the label.

"I'll go get help," Lydia offered and turned off.

"Lydia don't-" too late, she's already gone.

"Stacey, we got a problem," Stiles informed me.

"Huh?" I breathe out.

He looked up at me. "I can't read either." I groaned, why did Lydia have to leave.

"You don't need the instructions," I told him calmly. "When is the last time you've ever used instructions, am I right?" He looked up at me. "You don't need them because you're too smart to waste your time with them, okay? You can figure it out." I let a tear slip down my cheek. "Stiles, you are the one that always figures it out. So, you can do it. Figure it out."

I saw sweat dripping from him, and he quickly wipes it. He then slowly moves some leaves and tree branches over, and there was a wheel. "Okay, here we go." Stiles told me, and I nodded. I'm ready. "Ready?" I gasp. "Okay, here we go."

He turns the wheel, and I let out a squeal, jumping out of the trap and Stiles' catches me. I grip onto him, feeling no pain. The trap snaps together shut with dangerous like teeth. He holds me close to him, and I dig my head into my chest.

We looked at each other, and I connect our lips together, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him. "I knew I could count on you." I whisper, breaking the kiss, and embraced him.

"Hey, I mean it when I say I will let nothing ever bad happen to you again, you hear me? Never, again." I smile at his words, and I held onto his promise. Soon, we hear a loud roaring sound, and I grin.

I knew that sound, that was Scott's roar. "He did it, Stiles, he did it."

"Now, that's what I'm talking about."

He did it, he turned Malia back into a girl.