FIVE

FIVE

"This sucks." I mutter as I stand next to Stiles.

"Hey, you have a choice, I don't." Stiles laughed at me, and I rolled my eyes. We were at the start of the line for the cross-country, I don't know how- but Stiles convinced me to run with him. He said it was going to be fun, he said it was just going to be us. Well, something like that. 

"I was basically forced. I didn't get a say," I told him, and he rolled his eyes. "Don't you roll your eyes at me, you forced me to come on this cross-country run. You suck." 

"That sounded so bad, Stace." Stiles smiled at me, I huff, god. "I love you." I cross my arms and waited for Coach to blow the damn whistle. "Come on, Stacey, this is when you're supposed to say I love you back... you know." I exhale deeply and stared straight ahead. Maybe I should run with Scott. "Don't make me tickle you."

I didn't even need to see Stiles to know he's smirking down at me. I raise my head up high, pay no attention, Stacey. "One..." He's bluffing. "Two..." he wouldn't. "Three." From the corner off my eye I saw his hands move to my waste, and with reflex, I jump out of the way, glaring at him. 

"Okay, okay, okay," I glare. "I love you too." I frown at him and he smiled at me, before bringing him closer to me. 

"And that's all I wanted to hear, it wasn't too hard now, was it?" I forced out a laugh and looked up at Stiles. He looked around before kissing my cheek briefly, leaving a lingering feeling. I then heard the whistle blow, about time. 

"Catch me if you can." I grin at Stiles, and I ran off, running at a pace. A fast pace, actually. 

"Pace yourselves! Come on!" Coach yelled as I catch up with the group, I pursed my lips together, Stiles is going to be pissed. I then felt air run past me and saw that it was Isaac, he was sprinting way off to the distance. I frown and then felt some more air run past me, it was my brother running after Isaac. 

Okay. What's happening? Something's telling me that something's not right and if that something isn't something right then... well, we're in the deep end. 

I continue to run ahead of the others, keeping my head down. I didn't realize how far ahead I had run from the others until I had turned around, and I slowed down my pacing. I bite my lip, maybe I shouldn't have left Stiles. 

It was silent. I couldn't hear a single thing which made things more creepy. My head shoots up, and I looked around, my eyes trail over to a tree, I started to hyperventilate once again. My eyes widen as I saw a body hanging on the tree... he was dead. 

I then let out one bloody big scream, making the birds go crazy and I drop to my knees, feeling my knees collapse under me. 

"Stacey!" I heard Stiles scream my name, and he slides on his knees next to me, he arms wrapped around me, as my screams died down slightly, he tried shushing me, my eyes were focused on the boy who was hanging up dead on the tree. "Stacey, what's wrong?" Stiles tried to get me to look at him in the eyes- but instead, his eyes followed mine, over the body. "Oh, my god." 

"What the hell is- oh, my god." I heard Coach mutter, Stiles clutched onto me as I buried my head into his chest, tears dripping down my cheek. He rocked me back and forward.

"Hey, we have to get up now," Stiles murmured softly. How come I had to find the body? Actually, how come did I have to find the dead body? Apart of me is telling me that I'll be finding a lot more dead bodies than just this one. "Stace? Babe, we have to get up," I squeeze onto Stiles' arm, my heart was hammering. Stiles looked around and saw Isaac and Scott running towards us. I wasn't moving. 

Scott and Isaac had skidded next to us. "It's him, isn't it?" Stiles asked Scott. Who? Who's him? What's him? 

✢  

"Hey, get out of the way, get back!" I heard Sheriff yell as he pushed his way through students.  "Get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evidence." 

"Back up! Everyone back up!" One of the deputies yells. 

"Get these kids out of here!" Sheriff orders and he comes running up to us. 

"Dad just comes here," Stiles said, and drags him to the body. I purse my lips, and I feel someone's presences next to me. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I look up and saw one of the twins, who was blonde, and I couldn't tell who was who. I didn't know their names, actually. "Sorry, my name's Aiden." 

"Oh, yeah." I nodded and looked back over to my boyfriend. "Yeah, I'm fine, thank you." 

"That was one bloody scream you did back there." Wait, they heard that? 

"Yeah, I guess." I shrug. Not in the mood for a conversation. I then felt a presence behind me again, and it wasn't Aiden. 

I turn my head and saw it was Isaac instead, stepping in front of me and crossing his arms. "She's off limits." Isaac snapped harshly. 

"Isaac, it's fine." I warned him. 

"You heard the man, nothing to see here!" Coach yelled at everyone. "Probably just some homeless kid." Oh, coach. 

"Coach." 

"Yeah?" Coach looked at my brother. 

"He was a senior." 

Coach sighed. "He wasn't on the team, was he?" 

"Kyle!" Screams a blonde girl, running up to... Kyle. "Oh, my god, Kyle! Oh, god!" A deputy holds back the blonde, who was crying. Stiles then dragged me away from Isaac, and Isaac followed. 

"You see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac asked. Wasn't just one of them with us? 

"Yeah, you mean like they had no idea what happened?" Stiles asked. 

"No, no, they knew." Isaac told us. 

"The kid was strangled with a garrote, all right? Is Stiles and I the only one recognizing the lack of werewolfitude in these murders?" I asked. 

"You think it's a coincidence they turn up, and then people started dying?" Isaac snapped. 

I let out a big sigh, then groan. "Well, no, I still don't think it's them." I said, rolling my eyes. 

"I'm with Stacey on this one." I'm glad to know someone's got my back, and I definitely glad that it's Stiles. 

"Scott?" Isaac asked, and Scott looked between us. "How about you?" 

Stiles crossed his arms, and I stand close to him. "I don't know yet." Scott sighed. 

"You don't know yet?" Stiles repeated, but in a question. 

"Well, he's gotta a point." Scott said, pointing at Isaac. "Seriously, guys, human sacrifices?" 

"Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow sticks, okay? Hair literally grows from your cheeks, and then, well immediately disappear, and if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal and you're having a hard time grasping human sacrifices?" 

Scott turned to Isaac. "That's a good point, too."  

"I don't care, all right." Isaac started. "They killed that kid. They killed the girl that saved me. And I'm gonna kill them, too." Isaac then walked off, and I sighed. This is going to be a long day.