TWELVE

TWELVE

"They were there for two days." Cora had said, looking out the window of Derek's place. It was raining. Apparntly, Boyd died while Scott and I were looking for Deaton. "Waiting, hiding. That's what we were taught to do when the hunters find us. Hide and heal."

"Okay, is two days standard then?" Stiles asks. "Or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended get away?" Derek has been total MIA since Boyd died. No one knows where he went.

Cora turns and faced us. "Why do you guys care?"

"Why do we care? Let's see, because, over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, my girlfriend is something, a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alphas. You want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour." My boyfriend ranted.

I'm sitting on the couch, and Stiles was standing, pacing around. All I got out of that was when he said girlfriend, and it just hit me that I was his girlfriend. It sounds really good rolling off his tongue.

"And then, once you're done listening with Stiles' rant, you can listen to mine which will be about another two hours." I smiled sarcastically at Cora, and Stiles glanced over at me.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora steps forward.

"Well, since he's the one everyone's seems to be after, it's more like he should something about it. Yeah." Stiles nods.

"I don't know," Cora said. "There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like." I lean forward, and Cora looks over at me. We all then look up, and Peter Hale himself came walking down the stairs. I cocked my head.

"A lot like Scott, actually," Peter spoke.

"No one asked for you, you can go now." I snap, glaring at Peter. He chuckled. "Go back to the basement. You know you don't belong here. Who gave this guy the rights to live here, anyway? Like... did the apartment people who own this did? Seriously,"

Peter ignored me. "A lot like most teenagers, actually," Peter said and continued down the stairs. "A lot like you two, happily in love. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic... tolerable really to another teenager."

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asked and I stand up, and walked over to Stiles.

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men. A girl." Peter told us.

Stiles scoffed. "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's the way he is?"

I roll my eyes at Stiles. "Hey, Stiles?" I asked, and he looked at me. "We're over, we're done. We're not together anymore, done."

Stiles' eyes flashed a bit of hurt and confusion. "W-what?"

"Cue Stiles going all dark and not talking to the world," I said pointing at him. "Babe, I'm kidding." A big sigh comes from Stiles.

"Don't toy with a guy emotion like that, Stacey," he then wrapped his arms around me, and I side to hug him as he had his full arms around me and I smiled.

"Have you guys ever had a fight?" Cora asked.

I looked up at Stiles. "Maybe, I can't remember." I shrug. "I only remember the good things." Stiles kissed my forehead.

"I can tell you that you guys aren't going to be broken up anytime soon. You guys are literally always around each other, it's disturbing." Peter shudders.