THREE

THREE 

With a pencil, I trace the outlined bruise on my arm as I sit in Allison's car, with Lydia in the front me in the back seat once again. I then lean forward and connect me and Lydia's arms together, I see a pattern. There's something there... I just don't what it is. 

"I don't know. It doesn't look like much to me." Lydia said and pulled her arm away from mine. I exhale, the boys were going to Stiles' childhood friend's birthday party, which I was okay with as long as Stiles' doesn't kiss another girl. Then I'm totally chilled with the people there. 

"It's a pattern. It means something." I said. 

"You two really think Scott's gonna know what it is?" Lydia asks, and I nodded. If it was anyone, it would either be Stiles or Scott. Stiles has the brains, he'll know something. 

"No, but he might know someone who does." Allison said as she continues to drive to that party. 

"How are you guys so sure it means anything at all?" Lydia glances at us. 

"Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott. It's like she needed to find him." I told Lydia. "Like she had to- and I don't know if it's just me, but that screams, it means something." Lydia rolled her eyes at me. 

"All right then."

I, Allison, and Lydia stand outside the girl's Heather's house. We stand there, waiting for Scott and eventually, he comes out of the house. He walks towards us, in confusion. 

"This isn't the talk we were gonna have, was it?" Scott asks Allison. Oh, they were gonna talk... oh, they were going to talk. Allison shakes her head softly. 

"We need to show you something." Allison started, before Lydia and I glance at each other, and we pulled up our selves and pressed our wrists together. 

"I don't see anything." Derek spoke as Lydia and I had shown our bruises, we were in an English room with the doors closed at school. Derek still didn't like Lydia and Allison... and I feel like he doesn't like me either. 

Stiles sits on a desk, and Scott stands next to Derek. "Look again." Scott told Derek, and Derek sighed. 

"How is a bruise going to help me find where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek asked. 

"It's the same on both side." I pointed out, and Derek glared at me. 

"Excatly the same." Scott added. 

"It's nothing." Derek told us harshly, oh, my god, what will it take with this guy? 

"Pareidolia." Lydia scoffed. "Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." 

Derek looked over at Scott. "They're trying to help." Scott whispers. 

"These two?" Derek scoffs at Allison and Lydia. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you, and this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack." 

"Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death." Stiles told us. "That's what I call an important distinction." 

"My mother died." Allison whispers, Derek didn't kill her. Their family code did. 

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Derek snapped. 

"That girl's looking for Scott, I'm here to help him, not you." Allison bites back. 

"You wanna help?" Derek leans forward. "Find something real." Derek then turned around, and left, Scott walked up to catch him up. 

I bite down on my lower lip, Stiles saw this action and walked over to me. He then swings an arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead. I just want to help. 

"I want one." Lydia said, starring off into the distance where the two boys had just come in. The twins. Still, don't like them. I looked back down at the sketching that I was doing, I was drawing out the two bruise marks that the girl had given me. I know it means something, I'm not going crazy.