My Girl (Merle)

You hummed softly to yourself as you gathered clothes over your tent's floor into a huge basket. You chuckled as your hand brushed against the oversized t-shirt you used to sleep in and you remembered the first time you had seen this t-shirt on the love of your life. Merle Dixon. You shook your head in amusement at the memory, Merle drinking at the bar you were working at, Daryl (his little brother) next to him drinking almost as much as the older man was. Merle's constant teasing towards you and finally, him defending you against a disgusting drunk guy who tried to take advantage of you. Merle had driven you home and since then, you had never left his side. Indeed, life with the hot-headed redneck wasn't easy all the time but you somehow managed to make him change even if you had to explode and argue a lot, he always seemed to understand you and ended up apologizing in his own way. When the world went to shit, Merle and Daryl busted into your house, telling you to pack your bags and to come with them. Indeed, you did as they said knowing that Merle would protect you with his life if he had to.

You gathered everything you needed to do yours and the boys laundry and went out of the tent to join the other women of the camp. You have been staying here over past two months and almost everyone was nice, apart from Ed who was constantly giving you dirty looks and awful smirks but you didn't have to be afraid of the man. You knew that no one would mess with you while Merle was around.

Lori smiled at you from her spot on the bed of the truck that you would use to go down at the quarry to wash your clothes and gestured for you to join her and the girls. You jogged in their direction and hopped on the bad of the truck as well, smiling back at Lori.

"T-Dog is coming with us today." She said as she played with a plaid shirt in her own basket of clothes. You nodded and took a last glance over the makeshift camp in hope to see Merle but he wasn't around.

"Have you seen Merle around?" You asked Lori and turned to look at her and the girls. Lori looked at you then at the others and shook her head.

"No, not since this morning." Lori answered, the other girl shaking their head 'no' as well.

"And what about Daryl?" You asked again, obtaining the same answer from the women in the truck. "That's weird." You mumbled to yourself, making Lori squeeze your shoulder and smile warmly at you.

"Daryl must be with him, don't worry they're probably hunting." Amy said and Andrea nodded next to her. You sighed and shrugged your shoulders as the car stopped before the quarry.

"I guess you're both right." You mumbled as you jumped down the bed of the truck with your basket.

T-Dog got out of the car and grabbed his gun before helping you and the others with the clothes. You sat next to Carol and started to clean Merle's clothes first as you hum softly. Carol smiled as T-Dog chatted with her, keeping his attention to the woods with his gun ready in his hands. You were lost in your thoughts when suddenly, Amy called your name making you look up to see everyone looking at you. You blushed and raised an eyebrow at them.

"What?" You asked, slightly amused.

"I asked you how you met Merle but you seemed far away, (Y/N)." Amy said as the others chuckled quietly at your lost face. You looked down at the shirt in your hands and smiled as you chuckled to yourself.

"Well, it's quiet a funny story." You started, making Amy grin at you and nod her head for you to continue but T-Dog interrupted before you had the chance to say a word.

"I don't understand why you're with him... How a girl like you can be with a man like him is hard to understand." He said in an annoyed yet curious voice. You frowned and dropped the wet shirt into the bucket of water you were using.