Chapter 35

*please read author's note at the end.*

Cassie's POV:

Standing before me was a beautiful treehouse lit up under the starry sky. "How did you know about this place?" I asked, looking over at Colby curiously.

"A friend brought me here when I first came to LA. Now I come here to think and get away from the world. I wanted to share it with you." He answered. I nodded understandingly, before making my way up the ladder. As I neared the top, I looked through the doorway to see bean bags and blankets laid all around. Lights were strung on the walls, illuminating the room. Climbing inside, I noticed a table with a bunch of food laid out on top.

"You did all of this for me?"

"Of course babe. I'd do anything for you." Colby said.

We both plopped down in the chairs and dug into the food. The two of us spent hours upon hours just talking and eating, catching up on all that we've missed the past few weeks. "I've missed hanging out with you like this." I said.

"Me too," he whispered, glancing away for a moment. His eyes trailed back to mine before moving down to my lips and coming back up again. Colby began leaning forward until there were just inches between us. He paused momentarily before closing the gap between our lips. He licked my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I parted my lips slightly, our tongues fighting for dominance, and he obviously won.

Colby's hands gripped my waist, gently lifting me into his lap. I moved my hips slightly, receiving a soft moan from Colby. His hands trailed down to my butt and lifted me as he stood up. He pushed me up against the wall, kissing me passionately. I felt a tug at the hem of my shirt and nodded, allowing him to swiftly remove it from my body. I did the same to him before reconnecting our lips.

-Skip to when they finish because there's no way I'm writing that, so be happy with what you got.-

We were laying down on the bean bags, out of breath, staring up at the ceiling. "Did we seriously just do that in a treehouse?" I looked over at him and laughed.

"I guess so," Colby said, chuckling. He turned his face towards me, our eyes meeting. "I love you."

My eyes grew wide as his words were thrown at me. Sudden realization struck that he really does love me. I've known my feelings for a little while now, but I never knew the right time to say it. And now I can. "I love you too."

Neither of us spoke another word after that. There was nothing else to say. The silence was comfortable, only hearing the occasional cricket or bird. My eyes grew weary, and I found it harder and harder to keep them open. Eventually, I gave up and let them shut, allowing myself into the quiet darkness. With my head rested on Colby's shoulder and his arm wrapped around me, I quickly fell asleep.

a/n okay, so i'm thinking of doing a sequel to this book. i never had intentions to do so at first, but i actually kind of like how this book will end (although you guys will hate me for it). i want your opinions on whether i should or not. also, i plan on starting a new book when i finish this one. it doesn't necessarily need to be fan fiction, but i want some ideas that you would be interested in reading. please let me know because i could really use your help. one last announcement: is really appreciate if you would read another story i have up for the moment. it's called "raspberry flavored." the description is pretty simple: in which a girl accidentally calls a frozen yogurt shop and makes a new friend. and obviously there will be romance involved. thanks to anyone who read all of this and actually did what i asked. my readers are all amazing, but those of you that are active (who vote and comment) are the absolute best. we're almost at 40k reads and i can't thank you guys enough. it means the world to me. i love each and every one of you. bye. xx

p.s. i hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

edit: i'd also like to say that i love talking to you guys so feel free to pm me. we can talk about literally anything, and i'm always here if any of you need anything. i hope you all had a good day.