Chapter 26

Cassie's POV:

It's been a week since I broke my arm, and I'm getting really annoyed of the cast. I can't shower properly. I have to ask for help with a bunch of things. I feel bad for always having people do stuff for me. I just really want to get it off at this point.

   It doesn't help that I broke it over something so stupid. Like I don't have a cool story to tell. It's just 'oh I tripped over a skateboard when I was blindfolded and landed on it the wrong way.' Just me being my clumsy and uncoordinated self.

   My thoughts were disturbed when I heard my phone ding. I checked my screen to see a new text.

Shane: hey Cass, do you wanna hang today?

Cass: sure, what time and where?

Shane: how about I come pick you up at 11

Cass: sounds good, see you then

   I check the time before turning my phone off. I have an hour until he comes to pick me up. Standing up, I make my way over to the stairs before climbing up them. As I reach my room, I get a cramp in my stomach. "Ughhh," I groan, clutching it in pain. When it passes, I enter my room and grab some clothes. I showered last night, so I just throw them on and start brushing my hair. Since I can't use one of my arms, I can't really do anything with it. It's too hard to straighten, curl, or braid it, so I leave it as is. I don't feel like wearing any makeup today, so I put some socks and shoes on before heading back downstairs.

   I wait on the couch for Shane to come. As I'm scrolling through Instagram and liking random fans photos, I hear a knock on the door. I stand up and make my way over to it. Turning the knob, I peek my head through the crack to find Shane standing there. "Hey sis! I've missed you."

   "I missed you too, Shane. It's been quite a long time since we last saw each other."

   "Yeah, so let's go!" He exclaims.

   "Where exactly are we going?" I asked.

   "To Dave and Busters! I'm gonna beat you in all the games." He said excitedly.

   "Ooh, I've always wanted to go there," I replied. Shane and I walked out to the car and got in.

-Skip Car Ride-

   We walked up to the front desk and told them we needed a table for two. After the brought us to our table and took our order, we got up and walked over to the games. Each of us got a card with $25 on it. "You ready for me to kick your ass in these?" Shane asked.

   "Nah, you're gonna be the one who loses." I replied.

   "We'll see." He said.

   Shane and I played many different games, both of us winning an equal amount of times. Neither of us was beating the other by much. "Let's go get the prizes now! Oh, and we can figure out who won the most." I said excitedly.

   "Okay," he chuckled because I was acting like a little kid.

   We went over to the area with all the prizes and started checking it out. "Shane! Look, there's a bunch of candy!" I ran over to all of the candy and started picking out what I wanted. I grabbed skittles, Swedish fish, sour patch kids, and so much more.

   "I think I'm gonna regret taking you here. You'll be on a sugar high for weeks." He shook his head and let out a small laugh.

   "I'll be fine. Sugar doesn't affect me." I replied before grabbing even more candy. I counted up the points it would cost, and I had just enough to get it. I walked up to the person that was taking care of people buying prizes and checked out. While she put all my stuff in bags, I saw her shake her head at me, but I'm too excited to really care.

   After getting all my stuff, Shane grabbed some random things, and we headed back to our table where our food was waiting. It was still hot, so we dug right in. We talked and laughed as the two of us caught up on everything we've missed the past couple weeks.

   When we finished, Shane dropped me off at home. "I'll see you soon. Promise we'll try to hang out more?" I asked.

   "Yeah, I promise. I had a good time today with you, Cassie." Shane said.

   "I did too. It was nice to hang out with you again." I replied. Shane drove away, and I went inside. It may seem like we were dramatic about him leaving and us not hanging out very often, but Shane and I were always super close as kids. When we moved, we didn't talk as much, and both of us miss that. Which is why said that we'd hang out more.

A/N Oof this chapter is meh. I wrote the entire second half of it at 5 am after I woke up, so it probably has a bunch of mistakes and doesn't sound good. Regardless, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Please vote, comment, and share. I love reading all your comments. They always make me smile. 💙