Chapter 22

Colby's POV:

   I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone ringing. I looked at it, and it said the hospital was calling. I immediately accepted and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, this is Doctor Jones. I'm calling to ask if you wanted to come see Cassie. She's having a difficult time sleeping because of everything that happened."

   "Of course! I'll be there in ten minutes." I hung up and threw a shirt and shoes on. I was already wearing sweatpants, and I don't care what I look like right now. I ran out of the house and jumped into my car. I started the engine and headed off to the hospital.

-Time Skip to Hospital-

   I ran threw the doors and headed up to her room. I knew she was doing okay, but I wanted to get to her as quickly as possible. As I reached her door, the doctor walked up to me. "Thank you for coming. You're the only thing that can comfort her right now."

   "I'd do anything for her. I don't care that it's two in the morning." I replied. He let me in the room, and I walked to the side of her bed. "Hey Cass."

   "Hi Colby. Thanks for coming so early. I really need you right now." She said.

   "Anytime, babe. What happened that made you need me?" I asked.

   "I-I had another d-dream about t-that n-night. But, this time y-you weren't there to s-save me." She replied between sniffles.

   "Shhh, it's okay baby. I'm right here for you. They won't ever get you again." I pulled her into my chest, as she cried on my shoulder. I rubbed her back and held her tight. "I'll never let you go again." I whispered. She looked up at me.

   "Thank you so much, Colbs. You've done so much for me. I'm so glad we met."

   "Me too, babe, me too." I leaned in and gave her a peck on her lips. I'm so glad she took me back after I cheated. I love this girl so much. More than I've ever loved someone before. "I love you," I said.

   Her eyes brightened, and she replied "I love you too." I kissed her again and then laid down next to her.

   "Get some sleep babe. I'll be by your side when you wake up. Okay?"

   "Okay." She responded. She snuggled up against me, so neither of us would fall off of the tiny bed. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with Cassie in my arms.

-Morning-

Cassie's POV:

   I woke up and felt someone's arms wrapped around my waist. I looked over and saw Colby, peacefully sleeping. I smiled and stayed still, careful not to wake him. I waited for 20 minutes, until he finally woke up. "Morning baby," He said in a raspy morning voice.

   "Good morning." I replied. We sat up, and he got off the bed. "Where are you going?" I asked.

   "I'm gonna get some food for both of us. I'll be back soon." He replied. He left the room, and I went on my phone while he was gone.

   When Colby finally came back, he set the food in front of me, and we started eating. We sat in silence, until Doctor Jones came in. "How are you doing today, Cassie?"

   "I feel better. I'm still a bit sore, but it's not that bad." I answered.

   "That's good. You should be able to leave later today. We just need Colby to sign a few papers for your release." He said.

   "Okay, thank you."

   I finished my breakfast, and when I was done, Colby signed the papers. In a few hours, I was able to leave, so Colby helped me get down to the car. He held my hand as I stepped into the car. He shut the door and walked over to the driver's seat.

   Colby drove home, and when we arrived, I went inside. He brought me into the living room, where everyone sat. "Where were you Colby?" Sam asked. Everyone looked up, and when they saw me, they smiled and jumped up. They all brought me into a huge hug, and I just laughed.

   "I'm so glad you're back!" Corey exclaimed.

   "How are you feeling?" Devyn asked.

   "It's nice to have you back!" Aaron said.

   "Chill guys. I'm feeling much better, and I'm glad to be back too." I replied. For the rest of the day, we all hung out at the house, played games, and talked. It was nice to be back with everyone.

   Although I was only gone a few days, I missed them all so much. I'm so thankful that Corey, being the dumbass that he is, got the wrong number and texted me instead. It has forever changed my life, in a great way.

A/N I almost forgot to update, so I wrote this in an hour. Since this book is further along than my other one, I'll only be updating this once a week. Hope you enjoy this short chapter. Please vote, comment, and share. Love you all! 🖤

My schedule for updates:

Sunday: Adopted by Corey and Devyn

Wednesday: It Started With a Groupchat

Friday: Adopted by Corey and Devyn