Chapter 13

Cassie's POV:

In the middle of the night I woke up to someone saying my name repeatedly. "Cassie, Cassie, CASSIE! Wake up!" I opened my eyes, while sweating and panting, to see Colby leaning above me. "You were screaming and shaking in your sleep," he told me with a concerned look on his face.

"Oh...um I guess it was just a nightmare." I replied, not telling the whole truth.

"I know that's not all of it." He said, trying to get me to tell him what happened.

"It was about the thing I told you the last time I woke up because of this in front of you." I said.

"Ooh, I'm so sorry Cass. You didn't deserve that," he replied. He climbed back into bed with me and wrapped his arms around me. "Go back to sleep. I'll keep you safe okay?"

"Okay," I said, while closing my eyes once again. I fell back to sleep with my head buried into his chest.

*Morning*

I woke up and checked the time. 8:30. I got out of bed and Colby wasn't there. I walked downstairs with my phone in my hand and sat in the living room. I checked my social media for awhile.

After a bit, I figured I should go back home to shower and get changed. I went to my car after grabbing my stuff, and I drove away. When I got to my apartment, I texted Colby to let him know why I was gone. I walked inside, grabbed clothes, and got into the shower.

After washing myself, I changed and grabbed some food. I sat down on the couch and watched tv while I ate. Buzz. Buzz. I looked at my phone to see Colby texted me back.

-

Blue Eyes 💙: okay, thanks for telling me. I'll pick you up at 7 for our date. Dress casual.

Princess 😍: okay, sounds good. See ya then ❤️

Blue Eyes 💙: bye baby girl ❤️

-

I stayed in my apartment all day and watched Netflix. When it was 5:30, I started to get ready for my date with Colby. I put on some clothes and curled my hair. I put on some mascara and natural makeup. I never wear heels so I put my black, high-top converse on. When I finished, it was 6:45. I sat back down on the couch and waited for Colby to arrive.

    I heard a knock on the door, so I walked over and opened it. Colby was standing there with black ripped jeans and a nice black shirt. His jaw dropped. "W-wow, you look amazing."

   I giggled and blushed. "Thanks, you look pretty good too."

   "Thanks baby girl. Let's go," he said while holding his hand out. I took it in mine and we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and closed it after I entered. Colby walked over to the drivers side and got in. He started the engine and drove away.

   "Where are we going?" I asked, curiously.

   "That's a surprise," he answered. He grabbed something from his pocket and handed it to me. "Here, put this on."

   "A blindfold? Really?" I tied it around my head and sat there awkwardly. "You know, this car ride would be more enjoyable if I could see." I said while laughing a bit.

   "Too bad. I don't need the car ride to be enjoyable, just the date itself." He replied. I couldn't see, but I knew he was smirking. I felt the car stop, and he turned the engine off. I reached for the handle to open the door. When I found it, I pulled it and carefully stepped out. "I'll lead you the right way." Colby said and took my hand.

   He lead me down some sort of path, until we finally stopped walking. He let go of my hand and untied my blindfold. "3...2...1..." Colby took it off to reveal a picnic set up near a pond. "Aww, I love it!" I stared in awe at the sight.

   "You hungry?" Colby asked. I nodded my head, and he took my hand and led me to the blanket. Colby took some food out a a bag and handed it to me. We ate and talked for awhile as it started to get dark outside. He took out a couple flashlights. "Wanna explore?" He asked as he turned one on.

   "Sure," I replied. We walked around the pond, talking and laughing. We were getting ready to head back, when we saw a creepy-looking house in the distance. "Colby we should go check that out," I said while looking at him.

   "Okay, sounds good." We walked over and slowly and carefully entered the house. The doors were wide open, and it looked as if no one had been in there in a while. Colby and I walked around to see a bunch of graffiti in the rooms.

   Everything was going fine, when all of a sudden, there was a loud snap behind us. "Oh my gosh! What was that?!" I yelled and grabbed Colby's arm. I held onto him tightly, extremely scared.

   "Relax, it's probably just a mouse or something." Colby loosened my grip on him and held my hand. We decided to leave because there wasn't much more to look at. We were almost out of the house when something grabbed me and starting pulling me back. "Ahhhh! Colby help!" I screamed while trying to kick and hit whoever grabbed me.

   "Where are you?!" He yelled back.

   "By...the...stairs!" I yelled while struggling against the person's grip. Colby ran over, but before he got here, the person let go of me. "Where'd they go?" I asked, confused because they were here a second ago.

   "I don't know, but let's get out of here." Colby said pulling me close and running alongside me. We finally got back to the pond and quickly packed up the leftover food and blankets. We left as soon as possible and got in the car.

   When we were inside his car, I let out a sigh. "Well, other than what just happened, I had a lot of fun tonight." I said while looking into his eyes.

   "Me too baby." He put his hand on my thigh, and my breath hitched. My heart beat faster as it stayed there for a while. Colby drove back to the house and we went inside.

   Colby brought me up to his room and gave me clothes to change into. I laid down in bed with him and fell asleep, cuddled up against his body.

A/N This isn't very good, but I hope you enjoyed it. I kinda rushed to get it finished because I felt bad that I don't update very often. Let me know any ideas you might have for the story, or how I could make it better. Please vote, comment, and share. Love you! ❤️