Chapter 27

Cassie's POV:

   After my day with Shane, I went upstairs to my room. I closed the door and plopped down on my bed. Not even a minute later, I hear a knock on the door. "It's unlocked. Come in." I said. The knob turned, and the door slowly opened. Peering through the opening was Colby.

"Where were you all day?" He asked sternly. He looked at me angrily. Why is he so mad? Well honestly, it's kinda hot when he does this. I wouldn't want him to always be like this, but it's cute when he gets protective.

   "Relax, Colby. I went to Dave and Buster's with Shane."

   "Oh. Sorry for being rude. Please tell me where you're going next time. I was worried all day, and you didn't answer my texts or calls." I look down at my phone, and sure enough, there are five missed calls and eight text messages.

   "Sorry, I wasn't on my phone at all today. I didn't even think to check it."

   "It's alright. Do you want to come watch a movie with me?" He asked.

   "Sure, just let me change into comfier clothes." I replied.

   "Okay, I'll be waiting in my room." Colby left, leaving the door open.

   "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?" I mumbled under my breath. I hate when people do that. It's one of my pet peeves. Like, if you open the door when you come in, I expect you to close it on the way out.

   I got up from my bed and shut it before grabbing some pajamas. I threw on some short black shorts and a random band tee. I took off my small amount of makeup and put my hair into a messy bun. Looking into my mirror, I'm pleased with how I look. Kinda like trash but worse.

   I walk over to Colby's room and jump onto his bed. As I'm falling, I realized I misjudged where he was laying, and I landed on top of him. "Ughh," Colby groaned in pain.

   "Shoot, sorry. I just crushed you." I laughed a bit while rolling off to his side.

   "Yeah you really did crush me. I think you need to lose some weight." Colby said with a serious face.

   "Jerk," I punched his arm hard.

   "Bitch. I was kidding. You're really light." He laughed and grabbed his arm. "I think there's already a bruise forming. Jesus Cassie."

   "Sorry," I said, dragging it out. Colby turned his tv on and picked out some random horror movie.

   "If you get scared I'll protect you." He smirked.

   "Mhm, okay Colbs. Last time we watched a scary movie, which of us was the one screaming like a little girl?"

   "Oh shut up. You'll never let me live that down, will you?" He tilted his head back and groaned out of frustration.

   "Nope," I replied. We turned our attention back to the movie. As time went on, there were a few jump scares, but it didn't affect me. Colby, on the other hand, jumped at all of them and got closer to me each time. It's kind of like watching a horror movie with a little kid. He clings onto me every time he gets scared, which is pretty much throughout the entire thing. My arm was currently wrapped around Colby, and his face was buried in my neck. "You're really good at this protecting thing." I said with a small smile.

   "Shut up. I get scared easily." Colby pouts slightly and sits up.

   "Yet you explore haunted places all the time." I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow at him.

   "Sam makes me. Have you seen him? He does freaking haunted stuff by himself and is always summoning some sort of demon."

   "Okay, you have a point there." I replied. "What time is it?"

   "9:47, why?" He asked.

   "I'm really tired." I yawned.

   "Do you want to go to sleep?" Colby asked.

   "Hm? Yeah..." I trailed off, my head falling down on the pillow. My eyes flutter before closing. As I'm drifting off to sleep, I feel an arm wrap around me, pulling me close.

A/N Kind of a filler chapter. Sorry that it's short and boring. Vote, comment, and share. Thank you!