Chapter 25

Cassie's POV:

Today Colby and I are going on our date. He still hasn't told me where he's taking me, but he told me to dress casual. I threw on some jeans, a black crop top, and a white cardigan. I put on my white vans and grabbed a purse.

   It was 6:50, so we would be leaving any minute. I went downstairs to find Colby waiting by the door. "You ready babe?" He asked.

   "Yeah," I replied.

   "Okay, we'll leave now, but first you need to put a blindfold on." Colby walked up to me with a bandana in his hand. He wrapped it around my head and tied it. "Alright, now hold my hand, and I'll lead you to the car."

   I reached out, but I couldn't find him. I tried moving around to find him, but it's like he was hiding. "Colby, what the hell. Where are-" I was cut off by a random object on the floor. As I lost my balance,  I started falling to the floor.

   I was hoping it would be like one of those cliché movies where the guy catches the girl, but nothing stopped me from hitting the ground at full force. "Ow, fuck!" I shouted in pain. I landed on my arm the wrong way, and I heard a crack. "Shit! Someone fucking help me," I yelled. "Colby, where the hell are you?!"

   "Calm down, I forgot something in the kitchen, so I went to grab it. What happened?" He asked. As I reached to pull the bandana off, I felt someone grab my arm and start to pull me up.

   "Fuck! Let me go!" The hand dropped me, and I fell back down. "Damn Colby, you're really good at being gentle." I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

   "What did you do?" Colby asked, while grabbing my good arm and helping me up. The bandana was off now, and I looked at him with watery eyes.

   "Well I tried to reach for your hand, so I wouldn't fall. But you weren't there, and I ending up tripping over the damn skateboard. I fell down on my arm the wrong way, and I think I fucking broke it."

   "I'm so sorry, Cass. Go to the car. I'm taking you to the hospital." He demanded.

   "C'mon. It's not that bad." I said.

   "Cass," He said sternly. "In the car. Now."

   "Fine," I whined. I pouted my lips before walking to his car. Honestly that side of him was hot. He got all protective and demanding, and his voice was raspy and hot. Guess who's gonna break her arm more often to see him like that? What? Definitely not me.

   Colby followed behind me, and he opened the door for me. We buckled up, and he drove to the hospital. After parking the car, we both got out and he rushed over to me. I started walking to the entrance when I felt two arms pick me up bridal style and carry me into the emergency room. "Colby, you're making this seem like a bigger deal than it really is."

   "I don't care. You got hurt because of me, so I'm making sure you get here safe."

   We reached the front desk and told her that we needed a doctor. "You'll have to wait a few minutes until someone comes down here." The receptionist said.

   "Okay, thank you." I replied. Still holding me in his arms, Colby walked to a chair and placed me down. We sat and waited for about five minutes before a doctor came.

   "Follow me, and while we're walking, what happened?" He said.

   "Well, I blindfolded her to bring her on a date, but when I left the room to get something, she tripped and fell. She landed on her arm the wrong way, and we think it may be broken." Colby explains.

   "Okay. I'll talk a look at it now." We had just arrived at a room. I took a seat across from him, and he gently held my arm. It took about twenty minutes to go through the inspection and tests to see if I broke it. "It looks like you've broken a bone in your forearm. You'll have to wear a cast for two months, and we'll see how it's doing then. What color would you like it to be?" The doctor explains.

   "Can I have grey?" I asked.

   "Sure. I'll be right back with the stuff." He said.

***

   After the cast was on, Colby and I left the hospital. "Cassie, I'm really sorry for leaving you there. I should've made sure you wouldn't fall." Colby had a small pout on his face.

   "Stop saying sorry. It wasn't your fault. I'm just clumsy." I said, laughing.

   "Alright fine." He gave a small chuckle. "Let's just go home and relax. We can go on the date another time."

   "Okay," I replied.

A/N It's been awhile since I updated on here, so I decided to write another chapter. I hope you enjoy. As always vote, comment, and share. Thank you!