Chapter 20

Colby's POV:

Shane and I looked through the entire building, but we couldn't find anyone or anything. We were about to give up when we heard a scream. "That was Cassie! Hurry up!" I yelled. We ran towards the scream and found two men. One was holding a knife and the other had a whip.

   I ran over to the taller one and punched his face. He dropped the knife and put his hand up to his nose. It was bleeding, and while he was distracted, I kicked the knife away from him. Shane started beating up the shorter man.

   We got hit quite a few times, but the two men got it much worse. Shane and I hit them one last time, to knock them out. I ran up to Cassie and untied her. She fell onto the ground, so I picked her up. "Baby, please stay awake until the ambulance comes. Stay strong for a couple more minutes." I told her. 

   Three minutes later, the police came and took the men away. They would be in jail for awhile. I hopped into my car and drove to the hospital as quick as possible. I needed to be there for Cassie.

   After parking the car, I ran inside and yelled, "What room is Cassie Dawson in?!"

   "I'm sorry, you can't visit her right now." The receptionist said.

   "No! Let me in!" I shouted. Shane pulled me away to the waiting room. He sat down in a chair, while I paced back and forth. "What if something happens to her? I need her here. I can't lose her." I whispered.

   "Calm down Colby. She'll be okay. She's strong, and she won't leave us." Shane said, trying to reassure me. I nodded my head and sat down.

   We waited in the hospital for hours until they finally let us in. We walked into her room, and she was connected to machines and tubes. "Hey guys," Cassie said.

   "H-hi. H-how are y-you feeling?" I walked beside her bed.

   "I'm sore, but I'll be okay." She replied quietly. She wouldn't look at me.

   "I'm sorry Cass. This is all my fault." I said while looking down and putting my face in my hands.

"No it's not, Colby. They would've found me anyways." She said. I nodded my head, but I still blamed myself. She looked over at me and patted the bed next to her. I shook my head, but she insisted. "C'mon Colbs. It's fine." She told me. I got up and sat down next to her.

Cassie lifted my head up to look at her. "Listen to me. It's not your fault Colby. You couldn't have prevented them from getting me. Just let it go and put it in the past. Please don't worry about it anymore. Okay?" She said.

"Fine," I sighed. I knew I would never win this, so I gave up. "Cassie, about the kiss with Shea...I don't kn-" my eyes teared up. She cut me off by slamming her lips into mine. "Hey! I'm right here guys!" Shane yelled. We pulled away quickly and apologized. I felt my face heat up, and I looked at Cassie to see her blushing.

   We were looking at each other, when we started laughing out of no where. "Ouch!" Cassie exclaimed and held her stomach. I stopped laughing and my smile disappeared. "Are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

   "Yeah. I, uh, I just got a shot of pain from laughing." She replied. My face softened and I pulled her into a gentle hug.

   "I'm sorry princess. You don't deserve this. Nobody does." I said. She sniffled and wiped the tears off her face.

   "It's okay." She whispered. I held her in my arms for a couple more hours, before I had to go home because visiting hours were over. Shane had left earlier because he had to do stuff for YouTube.

   When I got back to the house, I immediately went to bed, not bothering to talk to any of the roommates. I was exhausted, and it had been an extremely long day.

A/N I think I'm going crazy. I could've sworn I already wrote this last night. I'm so confused right now. I know for a fact I wrote this, so I'm confused. Maybe it deleted or something? I had to rewrite all of this. Whatever though. I hope you enjoy! Please vote, comment, and share. Love you all! ❤️