Chapter 6: WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!

Start from the beginning

"Too bad. Well at least i can take this silly thing off." the helmet man said taking said helmet off and putting it down.He turned to us with a smile but it was not at all friendly.

"Good evening. My name is Sebastian Shaw. And i am not here to hurt you." he reassured but he was lying i could tell.

"Freeze!" a living guard said pointing a gun at Shaw. "Azazel." the man said boredly. The red man disappeared, reappeared beside the agent, killed him, and then came back over to us.

"My friends, there is a revolution coming..." Shaw began but that was all i heard. I made the mistake of looking into his eyes.

Immediately i was in the mind of Sebastian Shaw.

It was like a very fast car ride where I could barely comprehend anything. There were a few moments though where it would slow down so i could comprehend what was happening. It didn't mean i couldn't see the other memories. Now that they were in my head i wouldn't be able to get them out.

The first scene i was able to really see was when Shaw was very young. He looked only to be about 5 or 6. He was sitting next to a man who looked very much like him and they both looked...sad. A woman was leaving them...Shaw's mother was leaving him and his father for what they were and what they could do.

The second scene involved Mr. Erik. Now i knew why he hates Shaw so much. Mr. Erik had to be at least as old as I was right now. He was very thin and scared. Shaw wanted to see his powers and to do so...he-he shot Mr. Erik's mother. That made Mr. Erik mad and he unleashed his powers. Shaw was only pleased.

The next scene also had Mr. Erik in it but i didn't like this one either. Shaw had Mr. Erik on a table and he was hurting him! He was hurting Mr. Erik with all this tools to get him to use his powers. I wanted him to stop! I wanted him to stop hurting Mr. Erik!

The final scene was much into the present. Shaw was in Russia and he had placed a missile diagram in Cuba. This is what he was trying to do. Then the scene changed to, i guess, what he wanted to happen. The world was destroyed and covered with fire and death and ash. Shaw then began saying to his comrades.

"We are the children of the atom. Radiation gave birth to humans. What will hurt the humans, will only make us stronger." he said before i was out of his mind. Due to seeing so much though I...I let out a whimper.

Shaw went quiet. "Now what was that little noise i heard?" he asked smiling to my friends. They looked to each other but said nothing. i now had my face planted into my teddy's head.

"Azazel..." Shaw said. I heard a poof followed by another poof and the smell of sulfur. I felt something grab me and i heard the poof again only i was part of it.

It was a bad sense. It was like i was being squeezed through a straw.

Finally it ended after a second and i landed on the ground. I heard Raven shout no but didn't dare look up. i only grabbed my teddy and stayed on the floor, looking down.

"And who do we have here?" he asked, kneeling down. He reached out to touch me but i whimpered and went to move away. He grabbed me and made me look to him. I was crying again.

"You're a young one..." he muttered. i sobbed and buried my face into my teddy. All of his memories were scary and now they were in my head and I couldn't get them out.

"Leave Tara alone!" Sean shouted. Shaw paused a moment.

"So that's your name. Tara...It's a lovely name." he said but i didn't say anything. "Dear i will not hurt you." Shaw said.

"I-I can't believe you..." i said, not having the courage to look at him again, fearing I'd be back in his mind.

"And why is that?" he asked. With all the courage i could i looked up but stared at his nose and n ot his eyes.

"You hurt Mr. Erik." i projected, not knowing i had done so in everyone's minds. Shaw looked at me wide-eyed.

"Another telepath?" he said in shock. He quickly put the helmet back on. At that moment Darwin grabbed me and lifted me back over to Raven, who quickly let me latch onto her again.

"As i was saying...Join me and you can be kings..."Shaw said before looking to Angel. He held out his hand.

"...And queens." he finished. No Angel don't! She went to walk over when i grabbed her hand. She ripped it form my grasp like i was a disease. Darwin pulled me back over to them.

"Angel..." Raven said shocked as she followed Shaw.

"You got to be kidding me..." Sean said in awe but not the good kind of awe.

"Come on. We don't belong here... and that's nothing to be ashamed of." she said walking out the window. i heard Darwin's plan in his mind. i looked up to him.

"No, please Darwin don't do this. You don't kno-" "Nothing you say can change my mind Tara." Darwin thought, interrupting me. He then blocked me out of his mind. He gave Alex a look. I tried to get into Alex's mind but he blocked me too.

"I'm coming with you guys." Darwin said walking over. I tried to go after him but Alex stopped me.

"Smart choice. What's your power?" Shaw asked.

"Adapt to survive. Look's like i'm coming with you guys." he said. I was crying again. Raven looked to me confused.

"I like that." Shaw said. Darwin took Angel's offered hand.

"ALEX!" Darwin yelled, shielding Angel. "GET BACK!" Alex yelled to the rest of us as he activated his power. Hank grabbed me and was pulling me over but i was kicking and screaming.

"NO! DON'T! HE-" i screamed but it was already to late. Alex used his power and Shaw caught it. Everyone looked to him in shock as Hank put me down.

"H-He's a mutant too..." i cried. Then Shaw created a ball of energy and forced Darwin's mouth open.

I tried to get over to them but Sean and Hank grabbed me.

"Adapt to this..." Shaw said angrily and forced it into Darwin's mouth! I dropped to the ground as he moved away from Darwin. I ran over despite their protests as the evil people went away.

"I can save him!" i said getting to Darwin. He tried backing away but i wouldn't let him. When i touched his wrists my hands began to burn but i didn't care. I used my telekinesis with all my might. I closed my eyes to concentrate even harder.

Please! Please for once in my life work and save Darwin!

"Tara you have to let go!" Raven said running over and grabbing me. I struggled but  whenshe got me to pull away, the ball of energy...came right with me. I went wide-eyed as it headed towards us but it froze in mid-air...then disappeared.

"You did it..." Raven said in awe. I looked to see Darwin on the ground.

"Darwin!" i yelled and ran over. The others followed with me. His eyes were closed and i thought he was dead. Parts of him were different kinds of substances from trying to adapt to that energy.

Raven put her arms around me. Then there was a cough. We looked to Darwin as his powers...they were working. They were repairing him!

"Darwin..." i said looking over him. He weakly opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Thanks Tara." he said. I smiled wide.

Darwin was alive.

------

Ok that the end of this chapter. I know Darwin dies in the movie but i loved his character! I couldn't let him die!