28: Heartbeat (Thomas)

You opened the door to your empty dorm room. It was a totally ordinary day. You heard the door click shut behind you as you pulled out your headphones and flopped onto the couch, melding into one action as if you'd rehearsed it. Though you almost did, it was just what you liked doing after a long day before you dove into your homework. The only difference, your song choice from day to day.
Today, like many days, seemed like a Thomas Sanders day, which definitely meant "Things We Used to Share." You pulled out your ukulele (since you had yet to see any sort of backing track out for the piano accompaniment,) and reminded yourself of the chords, before starting to strum.
(Play song? I'm not doing lyrics, so there's nothing to read to, but ya know. It's there.)
Your voice accompanied with your playing seemed to fill the space outside your headphones, taking you to another world, stress and worries at bay for at least a few minutes. Before long though, your blissful playing came to an end, and the room settled into a comfortable silence.
That was, before someone started clapping.

NEW P.O.V.! (ITS BEEN SO LONG I KNOW)
I woke up to a strangely familiar tune, though something was off. Actually, a lot of things were off. First, I couldn't see anything. Definitely bad. Second, I couldn't move. You know, make that number one, that seems worse. Anyways, besides that, I could hear a muffled song. It sounded so familiar, but I couldn't hear it well enough from... wherever I was, to give it a name.
Speaking of wherever I was, I realized that it was strangely soft. Giving a little more effort to move this time, I managed to wiggle a bit, just trying to push in a direction. Not being able to see had its drawbacks, but I had a gut feeling this was the right direction. Or I was hungry. Either way, I could start to feel my fuzzy prison loosen up, so I kept going, until I abruptly fell back onto another plush surface.
My eyes shot open, only to be shut again from the blinding light. While my eyes adjusted, my mind started to figure out the song floating around the room, it was so familiar I felt like I could touch it, but no names came to mind!
As soon as I could see again, my brain stopped everything. This seemed like some sort of weird dream, but it felt way too real to even be close to a dream. I stood up, trying to understand why there was a folded blanket next to (and under) me that was the same height as me. Or why the table beneath it was the height of an apartment building?
I tried to shake it off, looking around the room as if everything wasn't totally huge, before I caught, or more finally saw, the source of music that I'd been so close to recognizing.
And then it clicked.
"Things We Used to Share."
It was my song.
They sang it beautifully, playing the chords seamlessly on the ukulele, though their headphones seemed to say they were singing along with me. I heard the song wind down, and they finally opened their eyes, seeming pleased with themselves, and they had the right to be. So, I did the only thing that felt natural. I gave them a round of applause.

YOUR P.O.V.
No one else should've been in the dorm, so either someone broke in or you were going insane. Your eyes darted around the room, before landing on the side table on the far end of the couch. You could see a small figure moving- clapping? You set your ukulele on the couch as your headphones fell off with them, as you moved slowly toward the... familiar person.
"I must be going insane." You muttered to yourself.
"I think you're perfectly sane!" The small man spoke. His voice, god it was like you'd been hearing it for years, but this was the first time, what was going on?! You moved closer, kneeling in front of the table to get a better view.
"Y-Your voice sounds really nice by the way." He stuttered quietly, obviously startled. He took a couple steps back, but smiled warmly, like he knew something you didn't. You'd seen it before, it had brightened your day so many times, made you laugh in the darkest of storms-
"Thomas?"
"Yeah?" He responded as if you were going to ask you a question, of which you had no shortage of at the moment.
"What're you doing here?" You had to stop yourself from continuing, Thomas looked scared already, though the face he was putting on looked almost reminiscent of Patton. Thomas put his hands together, and he managed to look you in the eyes, but you could tell it was forced; he was obviously scared of your size.
"I have no idea, I just woke up in those blankets," He points behind him, "and crawled out here." He finished, dropping his eyes to stare at the floor. You backed off a little, trying to give him some space.
"Okay... well, if I'm making you uncomfortable, then just let me know, I can back off, or just leave you for a bit-" Thomas stopped your rambling, and you could see him loosen up a bit, which was a good sign.
"How about your name?" His question smacked you in the face with duh. He had no idea who you were.
"Y/N." You said softly, trying to calm yourself down for both you and his sake. Thomas smiled, one that seemed to radiate calm and positivity. How was he more stable than you were right now?
"Well, um, Y/N, could we get some food? I'm kinda hungry, I don't want to be a pa-" This time you cut him off.
"No problem! I was just about to ask you that anyways, not sure how long you've been unconscious." You smiled lightly, moving your hands toward him quickly, which you didn't realize before Thomas was falling backward, obviously caught off guard. You caught him, since your fast movement had startled him in the first place, and he smiled gratefully, leaning back into your fingers as you scooped him into your palm.
"Sorry..." You chuckled softly, brushing the hair out of his face with your pointer finger.
"I have hands you know!" He giggled, pushing away your finger.
"Ugh, fine."

A/N: SO THIS... very pleased with how this went, if you liked it make sure to request more stuff that you want! I usually respond in 24h, so don't worry if it takes a bit, but I see all of them! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one, because I sure did.

Thanks for reading!

PJO out.