27: Escape (Jack) Part 2

A/N: I wasn't actually planning on writing this, but HaileyGriffin4 requested it a while ago I believe, and going back and reading it... who doesn't enjoy a bit more time with Jack. So here is a pt.2 for Chapter 21: Trepidation!

"Good thing we're almost at the car! Let's get you patched up."

"We'll patch you up, hopefully get you feeling better." He finished.
He didn't mean... taking you home with him. Right? You hadn't meant to sound willing to trust him, it just slipped out. He almost seemed honest about wanting to help you, but- no. He was still human. But there was still nothing you could do. Jack seemed quite dismissive of your distrust, and kept talking.
"So, why're you out here all alone in the middle of the night?" He asked curiously, the swish of grass under his feet becoming the thud of pavement. You didn't exactly feel like telling your life story right now. You'd already said you didn't want to talk, but obviously he'd either forgotten, or didn't care.
"I could ask you the same thing." You replied, raising your eyebrows suspiciously. Jack smirked, obviously enjoying your sense of humour.
"Touché..." Jack shrugged, trailing off, nodding as he searched for his car keys. The car clicked open, and Jack became more focused, reaching around inside the drivers seat for a moment before pulling out a small green box. He carefully sat down in the car, sitting on the edge of his seat as he laid a soft cloth on the dashboard and laid his hand on top of it, glancing at you before going back to the green box with his free hand.
He seemed to ignore you as he fiddled with the box, so you moved to get up, before flinching as pain seared through your back. You fell back, arm falling off of Jack's hand limply as you felt his gaze shift back to you quickly. Your eyes stayed squeezed shut, trying to block out any of the pain with the one thing that didn't hurt. You heard a soft sigh, followed by the click of plastic to your left. Two delicate fingertips wrapped around your limp arm, lifting it, as well as your body, until you were laying on your stomach, a sharp intake of breath causing your imagination to go wild.
"Jesus... you really did a number on yourself didn't you?" He said softly, you felt his fingertips on the sides of your back, shifting you to get a better view.
"Is it-" you paused, disliking how much you trusted Jack, "-is it that bad?"
"Well, it's fixable, but it's definitely gonna hurt. Just try not to move too much or else you'll make it hurt more, I have to clean it, okay?" He asked gently, reassuring your tense and honestly overwhelmed mind.
"O-okay." You managed to stutter back, trying to let your body loosen a bit before you felt him starting to clean your back. The stinging pain flared over your open wound, your fists gripped the fabric beneath you tightly, shutting your eyes and trying to grit through the pain. A few moments of searing pain later, and Jack hummed quietly to himself, seeming pleased. The pain seemed to be fading, so you moved your arms to push yourself off the ground, and surprisingly you weren't stopped by pain or Jack. Sitting up cautiously, Jack looked at you hopefully, and you gave him a weak smile. His ocean blue eyes sparkled as he beamed back at you, quickly cleaning up the things he'd taken out of his green med kit.
That looks much better."
"Why do you have a medical kit in your car?" You asked curiously.
"That's my PPA kit." He chirped, putting away his box with a pleased nod.
"Why." You asked, wondering why you had to be found by such an energetic idiot.
"Positive Physical Attitude! You can't be happy on the inside, if you're not happy on the outside. It's a reference to something else too, but I can tell you about that later." He said, as if proud of coming up with the acronym.
"Wait- later? No, I have to go, I have to..." The words seemed to disappear in your mouth. What did you have to do anymore? You were homeless, it was the middle of the night, and your brother was-
"Can't you just stay with me for one night? I'd be worried sick if I knew you were out here all by yourself... and it's almost winter, you'd freeze to death out here." Jack seemed disappointed, sad even, his eyes now looking down at his lap.
"I-I guess..." You stuttered, shocking yourself by the words. "Alright. I'll... stay with you." Finishing, you wondered if that was a good choice, but... you'd give him a chance. Jack's eyes lit up again, making you jump slightly. It was as if a switch had flipped in him, as he practically glowed while he cupped his hand around you, scooping you up gently and setting you on the passenger seat.
"Thank you Y/N" He said softly.

"Thank you Jack"

Now this is a heart warming chapter. Jack always seems to have that affect doesn't he? Anyways, can I make an excuse for my break? Kinda. I started a YouTube channel! TheLonelyCatt! Go check it out if you want, but there's nothing g/t there sadly... anyways, updates will be very sparratic, so don't expect a full comeback, but I hope you enjoyed either way. Never forget PMA!

Thanks for reading!

PJO out.