Chapter 24- Call the Cops

Just a little thought before reading this.......

IVE DECIDED THAT IM GOING TO MAKE A BOOK TWO OF THE "FATE" SERIES!!

I just love writing this story and I never want it to end. So when this book does....

I can write another one!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

okay go ahead and read now

---------------------------------------------

Lydia's POV:

The world goes back in motion. How could this have happened? And why the Sheriff? Did he really diserve to die like this? Or maybe he had a heart attack. Or maybe he really was murdered..... but why?

I crawl over to Stiles, who has his head in the ground and hands covering his ears. I hold my hand out and slowly put it on the one covering his right ear. He slowly looks up through his sobs, lowers his hands, and looks at me. He looks like he did when he was void.

"Why? Why Lydia, Why?"

"I... I don't know. I don't know the cause... or anyth-"

"Well listen! What are they telling you?"

"Stiles, the voices are gone, I'm sorry, I know this must be really hard right now, but you don't need to yell-"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE! TO LOOSE BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS! TALK TO THEM!" he screams in my face.

I shudder at the sound of his yelling, and look away.

"Stop yelling at me! I can't just call them up and ask them anything! And I may not know what it's like but it doesn't give you the right to be a complete a-shole!" I yell back at him.

"I... I'm sorry. I just... I told myself that I would protect my dad... for.... for my mom. It's what she wanted me to do. I let her down. And now... I just.... I don't know what to do! Why can't I do something... anything!! Dammit! Why is this my life?!! Why me?!!"

He starts breathing heavily, and holds a hand to his chest.

"Stiles? Stiles are you okay?"

He shakes his head, and leans back onto the back of one of the tents. He's breathless, and starts shaking. Oh god.. he's having a panic attack. I crawl over to him and sit by his side.

"Stiles.. just calm down. Try to think of something else... anything else.. just um... listen to the sound of my voice... focus on my breathing... oh god.. umm."

He looks at me for a good two seconds, then he takes me by the waist and pulls me into a kiss. He moves his hands to my face and keeps them there while we kiss. He stops shaking, and his breathing slows, then we break apart.

"You were starting to make me freak out more," he says with a small smile.

"Oh.. um sorry. Are you okay now?"

"Yeah. I'm okay."

He takes my hand and wraps his own around it, and looks up at the sky. His eyes are glistening in the moonlight, which shows off every feature of his face. He looks like he could be from a painting.

"What.. what should we do?" I say it, and he starts to get up, pulling me with him.

"We gotta find him. And I swear to God, I'm going to rip whoever did this's head off." He looks at me as he says it, and I can see the shift in his eyes. They turned from pain written to anger ready to burst out.

"Then we better hurry. They might still be nearby. Where would he be?"

"He usually keeps his badge at the station. We should go there first," he starts to pull me toward the car when a question spurrs into my mind.