Chapter 23- The Bad Thing

BEFORE READING THIS PLEASE BE ADVISED.

THIS CHAPTER MAY DISTURB AND/OR DISTROY THE FEELS OF FANS OF THE SHOW AND/OR MY BOOK. EVEN THOUGH IT IS SHORT, IT IS STILL VERY SHOCKING AT THE END.

PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

IM WARNING YOU

IF YOU MUST READ, THEN PLEASE DO. JUST SO YOU KNOW, THIS STORY WILL BECOME HAPPIER AGAIN.

THIS IS NOT THE END.

In advance, I'd also like to say.... I cried while writing this chapter. Please do not get mad at me because I also was mad at myself for writing this chapter. But that's what the storyline says, so that's what I write.

I did stare at my screen for 10 minuets contemplating wether or not I should post this. But you are reading this now, so it is published.

Again, THIS STORY WILL BECOME HAPPIER AT A POINT

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lydia's POV:

"Which one do you want to do next?" says Stiles as he gestures to the carnival games that we still haven't played. So far every game we've played, I've done better than him. And I still sucked. The only game he's been even remotely good at is darts, and thats because he actually hit the board. I swear my darts had weights or something on them!

"That one," I say as I point to the skeeball machine.

"Sweet! I'm actually good at skeeball." He smiles at me and pulls me toward the machine. I laugh as he makes me run with him to it.

Of course, he pays for my game, and of course again, I suck at it. At least the voices haven't come since he's with me, just as Allison told me. I throw another ball, and get a 10. I can barely get it into the 20 ring, and he hit the 100 at least three times now! I run out of balls, so I stand behind him and watch. I lay my head on his shoulder and put my hand on his arm.

He looks up at me and smirks, then throws the ball. It flies straight into the 100. I cheer for him, and his score leaves him with a new record and enough points to win me a large teddy bear, which of course, he gets for me.

"Hello, my name is Teddy. I'm very huggable!" Stiles is holding the bear up to his face, which makes me laugh. He takes to down and away from his face.

"Well Teddy, I happen to love hugs," I say to Stiles. I give him a hug, and look up at him.

"Teddy also loves kisses," he says while smiling.

"Well in that case.." I wrap my arms around him, and kiss him. I forgot how much I love his kisses. After we break apart, I see that evryone is staring at us. I laugh a bit and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

We play about half of the carnival games there, then Stiles suggests that we should have cotton candy. I strongly agree. We walk to the vendor, and stop.

"What the heck? The line is so long! There's not even that many people here!" I stare in awe at the mile long line that wraps around most of the carnival.

"You know what? Here. Take this and go win me stuff while I wait in line. I expect a large Jamacian banana by the time I get back." He hands me a 20 dollar bill, and I take it.

"Thanks Stiles. You're the best." I kiss him on the cheek, then turn and walk back to the games.

I play the goblet toss, and win a small Jamacian banana. This should work. I don't want to spend a lot of his money anyway. I walk to the Velociraptor, the huge rollercoaster, and sit next to it. I let the screams and smells of candy and popcorn sooth my crowded mind. I sit there for a few minuets before I feel a twinge at the back of my mind.

A twinge that I get right before I hear the voices.

They flood through my mind before I have the chance to try to block them. I buckle over, hitting a wave of nausea head on. This isn't what they're usually like, it's like they're amplified. The same way they were when Stiles cut his wrists.

I taste bile, but bite it back. They all scream as if they're afraid of something happening, but that the bad thing is already happening now. It's like they're begging for me to stop it. But I have no idea what that thing is! I rake my hands in my hair and tuck my head into my legs. I'm screaming for them to stop, when

Silence.

Complete silence.

The world stops moving, and the voices are gone. I look around, trying to see past my tear-streaming eyes. Nothing's moving. A girl is stuck in motion of throwing a ring at the ring toss. The Velociraptor cars are stuck midway down the drop.

I furrow my brow, and lower my eyelids. What is going on here? I slowly raise up to both feet, and turn a 360. Again, everything is frozen in time. As I'm looking around, I hear the voices softly in the distance. They're drawing me toward them. I walk slowly forward, listening for the voices.

They get stronger the farther I walk, then I stop. I turn right, and look down a row of tents. I walk onto the path that lies in between them, and the voices grow louder. I tilt my head, confused as to what they want. I reach the end of the path, and look down. I crouch, unsure of what I am to find. I reaach and wrap my hand around the object.

Cold, hard, metal. But it carries the voices. They scream again, louder than ever. Instead of screaming that the bad thing is happening, they scream that it is done.

Tears run down my face at what I've found.

Out of nowhere, Stiles comes running to me. Everything is still frozen, but he isn't. He shakes me and asks what's wrong, but I can't stop shaking. How could this have happened?

"I.. I'm s-sorry Stiles. I couldn't stop it.... I d-don't know how this could've happened. I... I don't know w-what to do. I'm so sorry."

"What? What is it?"

I hold up the thing that the voices told me to find. The thing that held the spirit of what I needed to stop but couldn't. The thing that has been done. The thing I can't take back. That no one can take back. All it is now is a peice of metal. Once he sees it, he falls to the ground, holding his hair in his hands. Tears stream down his face, in sync with my own.

I hold up Sheriff Stlinski's badge.