Chapter 15- Derek's Apartment

I KNOW I HAVENT DONE STILES POV IM JUST WAITING UNTIL SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS WITH HIM- right now all he's doing is nothing at home. So I don't real wanna write about that.

_________________

Lydia's POV:

The slow motion stops, and I look back at Malia to see her with a shocked face. I look back at Scott lying unconscious, and feel a twinge of guilt. Allison still hovers next to me, looking pleased but worried.

"I- is he okay?" Malia says.

"I don't know. Help me pick him up. I'll call Stiles and see if he can come pick us up on this side of the forest. My car is way to far."

We haul him up, but Malia puts him over her shoulder.

"Animal strength," she says while pointing at him.

I pull out my phone and dial Stiles' number. He picks up on the first ring.

"Hello?" I know he knows it's me. I'm sure he has my number on speed dial.

"Hey. Come pick me up on the east side of the the forest outside the school. Quickly."

I hang up, and we start walking.

"So um, what happened exactly?" Malia sounds guilty almost, as if this was all her fault.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I know that you two were seriously under someone else's control. But not like Stiles was. It's almost like a trans."

"Oh. How did I wake out of it then?"

"Um let's just say I had some help. I'll talk more about it when I'm not trying to keep my legs intact." We laugh, and it eases the tension a little.

We walk until we reach the road, and sure enough, a blue jeep is waiting for us. Stiles waves us in, so Malia takes the back with a still unconscious Scott, and I hop into the passenger seat.

"So why exactly do I have two people who are trying to kill us in my car?"

"It's a long story. Right now, we need to find a safe place to take Scott."

He thinks for a minuet before saying,

"Derek's apartment."

--------------------------

We head to his apartment in silence, but you can feel the anxiety in the air. I keep seeing Stiles glance at me with a worried face. I don't blame him. Each time he looks over, I suppress my bewildered expression.

What the hell was that back there? How did I break them out of that, and who is the one that started it? And how did Allison talk to me after not being able to understand them for so long? Maybe I can summon her somehow. I obviously have a tie to the earth, so there's no harm trying.

Before I get the chance to try, we arrive at Derek's place. Malia gets out, hauls Scott over her shoulder, and starts to the apartment. As I go to get out, Stiles holds me back.

"Are you okay?" He says looking into my eyes.

"I'm fine. All I care about right now is trying to get Scott back to consciousness." I try to give him a stern look, but somehow he finds the doubt underneath.

"Everything is going to be okay," he says as he pulls me towards him and into a hug. He's so soft and warm, I want to stay like this forever. But we have to move on.

We walk together up to Derek's and pull open the huge wood doors. Inside, Scott is lying on his couch, and Malia and Derek are hovering over him. They don't look happy.

We meet them, and I can tell why they look worried. If you pull his shirt down to his chest, there's long, black veins spreading from his heart.

"It looks like wolfbane, but I don't see any bullet marks." Derek examines his body for anything, to no avail.

"We definitely need to talk to someone. We can't do this alone. And I don't understand why someone would use them to try to hurt us! I can't think of anything I did wrong."

"Lydia, this isn't your fault. Dear God do not blame this on yourself. Malia told me the whole story. The only thing you've done is help these two. Who knows what would've happened if you didn't." I smile a little at Derek for being helpful.

"Um guys, what about Scott?" Stiles sounds scared, I would be too if it was my best friend. And I was. (SORRY FOR THE REFERENCE OKAY 😭)

"Good news first, he's breathing. Bad news, he's running a high temperature and the veins are spreading."

"Well what do we do?" Malia asks a bit to harshly.

"We could always go to Dr. Deaton. I'm sure he'd be happy to see Stiles anyway."