Chapter 4- Death Wish

Lydia's POV

The rest of the day is a blur. I remember Stiles leaving then coming back to check on me, then leaving again. I just feel as though part of me has been ripped out of my chest. I immediately feel sympathy for everyone who has ever lost someone.. Oh crap. Stiles! I should've known. No wonder he's dealing with this better than me.

I fall asleep at some point that night, and I dream of all of my dead friends together. They're telling me something, but I just can't understand them. They all start talking louder until they're all screaming at me.

"SHUT UP!!!"

I awake to my own screaming. I know this screaming. This is my unusual scream, that only comes out when-

someone's going to die.

I rush to get ready, almost forgetting to put on my lipgloss. I slip on my shoes and rush to school.

I search for Stiles so that we can talk about this, but I can't seem to find him anywhere. I go to the person next in line- Scott. He's talking to Kira in the hallway, so I wave to him from behind her to get his attention.

".... hey, um I know this is sudden but I just realized I need to go have a talk with one of my teachers about a project. See you in history," he says with a smile.

She responds with a kiss on the cheek and a goodbye, then walks the opposite direction, leaving me and Scott by ourselves.

"I need to talk to you, it's urgent."

"Yeah, what's up?"

I hesitate. "Someone is going to die, but I don't know who."

His face immediately darkens.

"Well if it's Stiles, I don't care!"

I'm a little taken-aback. "What?"

"He deserves it! He tried to kill us all."

"Excuse me? I think you're forgetting the part where it wasn't even him controlling his own body!"

"Whatever, I still think Allison should be here. And if that means Stiles dead then so be it." He turns on his heel and walks away.

What has gotten into him? Where is the Scott I know? The Stiles' best friend Scott?

God I wish I knew where Stiles was. I feel so bad that he's beating himself up about this. I feel even more terrible that Scott doesn't care if he's dead. It's not his fault! And for him to care about me before himself is just really.... sweet.

I send dozens of texts to Stiles throughout the school day only to get no response. Where is he? I hope he's okay. I care about him.

Stiles' POV:

*that morning*

There's no point anymore. Lydia's gone beyond saving and Scott hates me now. Doesn't he know when to stop texting me about it? No one needs me. I mean who am I kidding, I love Lydia. But she will never love me. She never has and never will.

I walk down the stairs after my dad has left and called me in sick. It's like I'm possessed, I'm moving but not feeling. There's just one thing left to do.

I walk into the kitchen and find the knife block. I reach to grab one, but second guess myself. Is it really worth it? Yes, yes it is. If no one cares about me then why am I here?

With my new found confidence, I grab one before I can change my mind. I study it's sharpness, it's power. I lay my hand on the table and I know I'm going to do it.

I bring the tip down to my wrist and slide the blade over top of my vein. The pain hurts, but not as bad as the pain of guilt.

The last thing I see is a picture of Allison, Lydia, Scott, and I.