Chapter 3- Grieving

Sorry these are so short but it doesn't mean there won't be writing, I'll just have lots of chapters.

___________________

Lydia's POV:

I wake up and look at the clock. 11:30. Crap. I wanted to at least look decent, but knowing Stiles he'll be here in 3...2...1...

I hear knocking from the front door. Of course he's here with a half hour to spare. I just hope he understands that I can't really get with someone after what has happened.

I get up and put on a robe. I trudge down the steps up to the door. I hesitate for a second. What should I expect? Stiles in a tux for such an 'occasion'? I discard that thought and turn the knob.

I'm surprised to see he's dressed normal, nothing different about him, except for that small depressed look on his face.

"Hey Lydia," he says with a friendly smile.

"Hey Stiles." I suppose I should let him in now.

"Come on in," I say as I gesture towards the inside of the house.

He immediately lightens a little bit; I'm happy that he looks a little better. He walks in first, and I follow.

"Wow, it's been a while. This place looks fantastic."

I smile at him and give him my thanks. I lead him up the stairs and into my room.

"Um," he says before he walks into my room. Oh, he's nervous about being in here with me.

"Come on it's not like we're gonna have sex or something," I say jokingly- but I see a little something different in his eyes. Is that.... disappointment? Whatever it was, he dismisses it quickly.

Stiles' POV:

Her room is beautiful her house is beautiful she is beautiful- could Lydia be any more perfect?

I sit down on her heavenly-like bed and she sits next to me.

"So is there anything you want to do in particular?"

She thinks for a second before saying,

"Yes, and thanks for coming over." She puts her head in her hands.

"I just really can't get this out of my mind. I mean why Allison? Why was it her? Why not someone else? Why not me? Why not me!" Tears threaten her eyes, and she closes them.

"I'm sorry Stiles but why, why did the nogitsune target us?" She looks up at me with those beautiful green eyes quizzically.

"Well, it lives off of pain and strife right? So you were trying to stop it so what did it do? Try to get you out of the way. And I really can't express my guilt for this whole thing."

She nods, and then starts talking.

"I just... We were just such good friends and I loved her so much and I promised nothing would happen to her and she did the same for me and I just wish I could talk to her again-"

She's suddenly sobbing harshly, so I hug her and let her cry into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Lydia. I really am."