Chapter 22- Carnival Time

Lydia's POV:

I sit on my bed, my legs crisscrossed, staring into space. I can't get this off of my mind. The knife, the clone, Stiles dying. The fact that I feel like I did it. It doesn't help that since Stiles left, the voices came. I wish they would shut up. They keep saying that something's going to happen soon, something bad. Like they're reminding me. Like I could forget! I really am a bomb- I only bring bad things.

I sit there for hours on end, trying to think everything through. How I could ever possibly kill Stiles. How anything could ever make me want to. Stiles is my anchor, like Allison was to Scott. I hope the is doesn't change to was because of me. I don't know what I would do without Stiles.

The clock ticks away, every second worse than the last. Stiles texts me all day, but I don't respond. I don't want to interfere with him. At some point my mom comes and offers me food, but I wave her away. The less people I come in contact with, the better. No one else needs to get hurt because of me.

I whip my head around at the sound of my phone ringing. I check the caller ID. It's Stiles. UGH. I don't want to answer it, but I do at the same time. I decide to do the latter.

"Hello?"

"Lydia! I've been texting you all day! Are you okay?"

"There are too many ways I can answer that question," I say and flop down on my bed.

"Is it because of that dream? Because I can assure you I'm perfectly fin-"

"Stiles, no. It's okay. It's just a dream remember?" Not. Why am I lying to him?

"Well this is too much sadness for me. I call for an extremely cheesy date at the carnival. I'll even try to win you a teddy bear and everything."

I can literally feel his grin through the phone, and it makes me grin too. That's one thing that I love about Stiles, his smiles are contagious.

"Just like in the movies?"

"Exactly. I'll pick you up in an hour."

"But it's only..." I look at the clock. It's 8 pm. Where did the time go?

"Never-mind. 9 it is," I respond.

"See you then Lydia Martin."

"Until then, Stiles Stilinski."

I hang up, then sit there for a moment. Maybe I do need a night out, just to get everything off of my mind. I get up, and go to the dresser to pick out my usual date night attire.

Stiles' POV:

I hang up the phone, and run my hands through my hair. Lydia is the worst lier. She keeps telling me that she believes me, that it really was just a dream, but her face when I left was indescribable. She looked so scared, yet disgusted at herself. I know she thinks she's going to kill me. I believe her too. But I don't care.

I put on a graphic tee and leather jacket and run my fingers through my hair. I go to my bathroom, spray a tad of cologne, and look at myself in the mirror. All I can think about is how petrified Lydia must be right now about me. Why do I always have to be the center of catastrophe? Whatever. Lydia is going to have fun tonight, whatever it takes.

I go to my jeep, hop into the driver's seat, and turn on the car. I drive the one route that I've had memorized since I was little to Lydia's house. I turn the car off, and walk up her driveway to her door. I knock on her front door, and her mom answers it.

"Hello Stiles." She gives me a grin.

"Hello Mrs. Martin. I'm here to pick up Lydia."

"Oh yes, let me go and get her." She waves me into her house, and runs up the stairs to Lydia's room. I've been here before, but their house always amazes me. It's flawless.

I see a flash of red hair as Lydia turns the corner to the stairs, and I see what she's wearing. It takes everything in me not to let my jaw drop to the floor.

She has on a long sleeved black shirt on, bunched up in parts, and a skin tight gold and brown rhinestoned black skirt. Her heels make her legs look beautiful, and her hair is curled into a side ponytail. God Damn, I could literally be drooling right now.

"Hey Stiles," she says while smiling.

"Hey. Um... Wanna get going?" I say lamely because I still can't stop staring at her.

"Yeah. Bye mom! I'll be back by 12!"

I lead her down the walkway to my car. I open the door for her, then go to my door. I get in, and turn on the car.

"Lydia you look amazing," I say because I can't hold it in any longer.

"Thanks. I figured I might as well try to get this whole thing off of my mind. It's just a nightmare."

Why does she keep saying that? I know it's real.

"Well, it gets my mind off of it," I say, and give her a kiss. I start to kiss her harder, and run my hand down her arm. She laughs a bit, and I laugh too.

"Just drive!" She says while laughing and pushes me toward the wheel.

"Okay okay! I'm going," I say, and push the gas.

I drive us to the carnival, the whole way she's silent. I finally find a parking spot- this place is super crowded. I get out and open the door for her. I hold my arm out for her, and she takes it. I decide to finally tell her.

"Lydia, I know that you think the dream real. I believe you." I whisper in her ear. She stops and looks at me worryingly.

"It's okay Lydia. I don't care. I want to be with you. Even if I end up dying. Nothing is wrong about what you see. You don't need to lie to me."

"Stiles... I lied because I didn't want you to leave me. But I guess that's not true. Just please.. Don't let me get to close. I don't know when, or how, but it's going to happen. And something else is-"

She cuts herself off, as if she wanted to tell me something but decided not to.

"What? What is it?"

"Nothing. I need to stop thinking about this. Please escort me to funnel cakes and screaming teenagers," she says while gesturing to the carnival.

I walk her in through the gates and to the flashing lights. I ask her where she wants to go first, and she points to the huge line of games to play along the rides. So we turn and walk that direction.

-----------------------------------

IM SORRY THIS IS SHORT

I WANTED TO GIVE YOU MORE BUT ITS BEEN TOO LONG SO I HAD TO DO SOMETHING!!!

More to come SOON.