Chapter 18- Saving Scott

Lydia's POV:

He strains his neck trying to sit up but Derek is stronger. He opens his mouth and howls, showing his full wolf teeth. His fingernails start to elongate, making his claws. His facial hair is growing... Not good. He's only getting closer to full wolf.

"We need to do something!" Shouts Derek over Scott's banging and wriggling.

"I don't know how to stop it! It wasn't supposed to be this bad!" Dr. Deaton even seems a little nervous.

Then it hits me.

"I know what to do! Everyone stand back, just in case! I don't know if this will work or not!"

If I could bring Malia back to her normal power, then maybe that's what my ability is. When the voices overwhelm me, maybe I turn into a spirit, and I can rid the person of whatever it is they've turned into....

I turn and look at Stiles. He looks scared but eager. He gives me a quick nod, so I turn back.

Allison please, I need you now. I don't know if this will work or not, but I need your help.

I think into the nothingness. I open my eyes, and clear as day, stands Allison.

"What do you need?" She asks with her now wise voice.

"I need you to help me again. And I also need you to tell me what my new ability is."

"Your ability is that you may now rid a host of whatever is possessing its mind. You can also control that host for a limited time, if you are strong enough. You may do that only when you can control the voices."

"So I can do it now? What makes me be able to control it now?"

"If you haven't figured it out already, the way that you can use any of your spirited abilities is to be close to someone that has been possessed- a near death experience. Especially if you are wanting to communicate."

"And who would that be? Malia? Because that didn't work."

"No, no. I mean that it needs to be a person who is innocent, and whose actual self has a strong connection to you. An.... emotional tether."

I suddenly understand what she means.

"Stiles," I whisper.

"So I'm guessing you want the voices to help Scott?"

"Yes. Oh, wait. Why is everything around me moving in slow motion when this happens?"

"Because the voices surround you and make you close to them. A spirit."

"Oh."

"Okay, so since he's here, do you want to try to call the voices?"

"Sure. What will it feel like? Who do I call to? And will I understand them?"

"You ask a lot of questions. It will feel like electricity is running through your veins, and everyone will see a tiny little border of energy around you. When you touch him, you will also feel any pain he's having. So never do this to a dying person. Call to 'anyone that has ever died that were innocent. Always call to those spirits. And yes, you will. You will always understand them when Stiles is near, but when he's not you can understand them when I'm near."

"Okay, here goes."

She smiles at me, that beautiful Allison smile. She mouths 'good luck'.

All of the spirits that ever died that were innocent, I need you now. Please overwhelm me with your voices and help me bring back my friend.

They come one by one, then all at once. I let their voices overwhelm me, soaking in their pleas, wishes, and knowledge. I open my eyes and walk to Scott.

"Lydia, maybe you shouldn't do this." Stiles sounds nervous.

"I'm fine. I need to do this or else Scott won't get better."

I stand directly next to Scott and ask the voices where I need to touch him. They all reply with "his hands". Great. I'm probably going to cut my fingers off. I position myself so that I can touch both of his hands at once, and count to three.

One. He starts to wriggle less as I near.

Two. He almost looks eager.

Three. He completely stops moving his hands.

So I wrap my hands around his.