Thank you :)

Hey guys! Yes I am still alive. This is going to be really hard for me to write this page.

So, I wrote this book when I was in either 7th or 8th grade (sooooo long ago) and now I am going to be a junior/11th grader this next school year. Crazy right? When I started writing this book, all I thought about day and night is, "What should I write in my story?" It was the most amazing time- I met so many of you readers through the app, and cried as I watched the read count soar, even when only 20 people read it. Now here we are, 124 thousand reads later. I could not be more proud of something I have written- but also could not be more disappointed in myself.

I left you guys with the biggest cliffhanger, and no closure. I have had times where I have cried because I knew I could not update. Now, you may be asking why I knew I couldn't update. Well, and I know I have probably said this previously, but when I was super into writing this book, I had a system. I wrote everything down. Every thought, every character design, every spoken word, every detail. I didn't remember everything I wanted to write, so by writing it down I had an outline I couldn't forget. I wrote all this down in my notes app on my iPad. I could breeze through writing a 10 page chapter every day because I could just look at that outline. Christmas came, and so did the new iPad launch at Best Buy. So I went, and exchanged my iPad for the new one. Not until I came home to write was when I realized- I left my notes on that iPad. That now deactivated iPad. I remember the feeling I had when I realized that. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like someone had thrown a basketball at my stomach. From that second, I knew in my mind this story would never be the same as what I had wanted.

Now if any of you are writers yourself, you know how frustrating it is when you have a fantastic idea for a next chapter, or a scene, or a character, and forget it. You know how you wanted it to be, and it was perfect, but now you have to change it to something that could never be as good. I sat at my computer for a good 5 hours last year, because my mom wanted me to finish it so bad, and I wanted to finish it so bad- because I kept getting comments begging for me to finish it. I sat there and thought and thought and thought, trying to remember where I wanted the story to go. I couldn't. So I tried to write an ending. I couldn't. I knew it would be subpar, and wouldn't match. If you're thinking, "Well hey! I'd still like it. I just want something," the thing is- I wouldn't like it. And the hardest thing for me in my writing career in wattpad and of course outside of wattpad (I have chosen my career path in magazine journalism), is when I write something I'm not satisfied with. I normally have to change what I'm writing all together, but I can't do that with this book because I have such a good thought of it as it is now, and I don't want to hate it.

I wrote this to announce to you all that I am discontinuing this book. I am not deleting it, but I will not be writing any more of it. I am sorry from the bottom of my heart, but it's the only way I can bring myself to not delete it altogether- I have such an attachment to this story.

Thank you everyone for being the starting step of my career, my life, and finding my happiness.

Thank you forever,

Olivia S., writer and creator of The Fate of Time