Chapter 36

Suman's POV.

I looked up nervously not so sure of myself. The tall building looked intimating as I stood gazing at it.

I had been here a few times before but never alone. Either Shravan or Pushkar or both had always been with me each time I went inside.

That too had not happened in the recent past. I had not been here since I had left for Delhi after my 'visit' to Shravan over eight months back.

Suddenly my plan to pay Shravan a surprise visit at work no longer seemed as good as it had when I had thought about it.

Glancing down at my attire I gulped. Dressed in denim shorts and baby pink cropped top I may look like a normal young woman here in London but this is not how I usually dress.

Women who want to enter high profile office buildings do not dress like this anywhere in the world!

The past few days had been taking a heavy toll on me and Shravan had done his best to not just be my support but also had made me smile away my tears every time.

Today I wanted to make him happy. He had bought these clothes for me few days back and I had been putting off wearing them.

I was not used to wearing shorts and cropped tops after all!

"Yes?" The stern no nonsense voice o my one of the security guard at the gate rattled me out of my apprehensive thoughts.

Sighing inwardly I told him I wanted to go to the 25th floor and that made his jaw line tense even more.

Of course the top floor and the floor below where the Law firm was, was under extra security owning to the various high profile and sensitive cases they often worked on.

I almost cringed when the man looked at me with doubt and disapproval.

I cannot even blame him. Woman walking in and out of the building were dressed professionally and here I was dressed more like a punk off to watch a rock concert.

Sumo you silly girl. You should have concentrated only on paying a surprise visit and not tried out these clothes that are totally inappropriate in this snooty office premise.

"I am here to visit my husband." I glanced at name tag on his uniform "Allan I understand-"

"Allan I will look into this." The familiar drawl made me almost sigh audibly.

I started to give my rescuer a smile but his next words made me scowl at him.

"Hey Gulabo." he gave my pink top and matching sneakers an amused look. "You must be here for project Chameli."

I shot Allan a smile before narrowing my eyes at a grinning Danny.

Why is my life filled with such characters?

My glare was as usual wasted as he led me towards the elevator. Since it was almost Lunch hour thankfully not too many people wanted to go up the building.

"You are here to surprise grouchy Chameli. People around him will be relived to have him away from biting at their heads."

"You make my husband sound like an ogre." I protested.

"Don't be silly." Danny grinned "Ogres are no match for him." I elbowed him on his rib playfully making him chuckle.

"I have a plan." He said slowly. My eyes widened and I shook my head outrageously when I heard his plan.

"Suman either you call out Chameli loudly as soon as we enter the meeting room or I am going to write on the notice board Shravan is Chameli and explain the details as well."