Chapter 49

Suman's POV.

I walked away reluctantly completely aware how desperate Shravan had been to talk to me.

However his father is not wrong in insisting that we need to attend to the guest first.

Before entering the house I turned to look at Shravan once and my steps faltered at the look on his face as he spoke with his father.

I was not near enough to catch the conversation that was happening, however it certainly could not be a pleasant discussion.

Could I have missed realising there is some tension between father and son? Is that what Shravan wanted to tell me about?

In the past I have been the cause of differences  between them, I would never want that to happen ever again.

Whatever the reason maybe, Shravan seemed to be in agony and this worries me. He is not the one to be so obvious about his emotions for others to perceive easily. He always masks it with his moodiness or anger.

For him to be so evidently in despair the reason had to be significant.

Commotion from inside the house interrupted  my chain  of thoughts.  Turning around I walked inside with hurried steps.

"Oh my Goodness!" I could not help the words slipping from my mouth at the  sight that met my eyes.

" Dadaji! Nanu!?" Shock vibrated through my tone on seeing what the two were upto.

Dadaji had Kitty in his arms and Nanu was holding Mouse while each was shouting threats at the other!

Not only were they behaving like toddlers in front of a guest, they were circling around him like they were in an fighting arena.

That too a guest whose presence spelt doom and complications.

"Pushka- er- pa! Pushpa stop being a refree." I almost growled at the dimwit who was standing beside Brook with a wide grin on his face.

None of the others were in the room. Where are Charles, Danny and Preeti?

I rushed and grabbed Kitty from Dadaji and Pushkar reluctantly took Mouse from Nanu.

" It is all right really." A bewildered looking Brook mumbled as the two overaged toddlers grumpily sat down while I and Pushkar locked the two very exited animals in my room.

" You idiot!" I whisper hissed at Pushkar who gave me a naughty wink as he went back towards where Brook was.

He was having fun. I sighed to myself as a smile pulled at my lips.

When I checked the Kitchen I found Preeti and Charles. Preeti may not be  a brilliant cook but she was a great Supervisor.

I grinned at Charles who was looking at the dish being cooked with  frown on his face.

"Why do you looking so disapprovingly at food Charles?"

" Why is this Dahi Vada yellow and why is Preeti making me boil it??"

One glance at the dish and my grin broadened.

"This is not Dahi Vada Charles. This  is kadhi pakori"

"Why did you tell him so easily Suman di?" Preeti objected as Charles playfully glared at her his hands on his hips. " It was fun to see him so confused." Preeti laughed and Charle's lips twitched even as he continued to pretend to be angry.

I turned to step out of the Kitchen but almost fell backwards as Danny came dashing in and collided with me.

"Where is Shravan?" He asked looking worried.

" Outside, with his father."

Danny dashed out leaving me gaping after him, even more concerned than I was before.

Shravan's POV.

Danny looked from me to my father but did not say anything.

My father after nodding at us walked towards the house. " Don't stay chatting outside boys. Cone inside. Talking and discussing will not solve anything. Planning and appropriate actions will."

I don't need to explain anything to Danny. Even without uttering a word his expression had conveyed to ne that he was aware of some details, if not all.

"Danny-"

He raised a hand to effectively silence me.

"As your father correctly pointed out lengthy discussions amongst ourselves will not solve anything." He started walking towards the house without checking if I was with him.

A strong feeling of isolation crashed into me.  My entire support system was on the verge of collapsing and I have no idea how to stop it

*-*-*-*-*-*
Brook came up to me as soon as I stepped inside.

Forcing myself to smile at him I gestured to a side when he said he wanted to talk to me in private.

"Mr Tamboowala this is your wife's family home, am I correct?"

I nodded since it was indeed true.

"I have the greatest respect for the dear lady and you know it."

It took me a moment to remember he was not talking about Sumo.

I did not respond and looked at him wanting him to come to the point.

"When I had first stepped out for coming here I had no idea I would meet you and your family here. I was following a  clue on a wrongdoer."

I tried my best to maintain a polite look on my face as he paused dramatically.

"Once I reached here I was almost certain  I am on the wrong path. However-"

I wanted to shake him when he let out an exaggerated sigh. Why Can't he omit the dramatic and tell it straight?

"- I think your wife is aware of something and is shielding a defaulter   of law."

Startled at his words I stared at him. What is he implying?

He raised his hand and squeezed my shoulder. " I think he is either her brother or perhaps a cousin."

I felt my self  go cold as his words sinked in.

"Do you happen to know who Shravan Malhotra is? Are you acquainted with him?"

&&&

Updated on 15th January 2022.

Things are not looking good for Shravan!

Do stay tuned as details will be out from the next chapter.

Please do Vote and comment.

Love, from me to you. :)