Chapter 32.

Suman's POV.

"I love you Suman." I smiled knowing that he was upto something.

"I love you too Dadaji." I said "And I love you too Nanu." I added smiling at my grandfather and he just smiled back at me giving me a loving look.

"Now that we have established that we all love each other maybe we could do something for the benefit of mankind?" Came the most notorious pranksters query making me chuckle at his choice of words.

"Jagat Kalyan. Uchh vichar"- Benefit of world, wonderful idea- a familiar voice drawled making me whirl around to shoot him a look of enquiry.

Danny had accompanied Shravan, Pushkar and Charles to the doctor. What was he doing here?

My job was to ensure Dadaji does not make any plans and leave the apartment premise and go off for a few days to stay over at any friend's place.

Danny gave me a curt nod in respond to my silent query.

Now what is that nod supposed to mean?

But there was no time as Dadaji slapped Danny on the back hard enough for him to wince "What was that for?" Danny frowned.

"Just a friendly pat in the back." Dadaji shrugged with a grin- a naughty grin on his face.

"That was friendly? What would you do when you are not friendly?" Danny mused as he shrugged in his attempt to ease the pain.

"Make you cook, do my laundry-" he trailed off chuckling slightly. Danny smiled and shook his head and I tried hard not to smile.

Nanu snorted knowingly making it tougher for me not to laugh.

He had just described partly how he was with his own son.

"Now what did you want to do for the goodness of mankind?" I asked.

"Eat ice cream of course." Dadaji laughed as we reached the ice cream vendor just outside the apartment gates.

I face palmed while Danny threw back his head and laughed.

Nanu simply snorted again.

A smile pulled at my lips as I saw Dadaji greet the vendor like an old pal and his features also lightened up as he smiled broadly at Dadaji and beamed at Nanu.

Easy to guess that these two were among his regular customers whenever they were in London.

I frowned in concern as a group of noisy teenagers came rushing there and one of them barged into Dadaji hitting him on his back with his head.

Dadaji turned around with a scowl on his face and pushed the guy away while his friends closed in on him.

I moved forward in alarm as did Danny who had been standing next to Nanu.

Sounds of loud laughter from Nanu and the ice cream vendor halted my feet. Danny also paused and gave me a confused look.

The ice vendor must have sensed our confusion for he looked at us and smiled reassuringly. "This is how they meet every time." He laughed I turned to see by now the boys were smiling broadly at both the old men.

Soon they were bickering loudly over the flavours they want to have and who could eat the most. I looked on incredulously as some younger children also joined the group and the vendor served them while all of them continued to speak loudly and created a ruckus.

I and Danny also took our choice of flavours and stood on a side licking on the delicious treat.

"What did the doctor say?" I asked Danny softly.