Chapter 51

Suman's POV.

How am I supposed to answer this? I looked at Shravan for Guidance and instantly regretted it.

My dearest darling husband had no idea how to be subtle in such situations.

He could just hint with a nod or shake of head but No! The man is busy making weird facial expressions by wiggling his eyebrows.

"Idiot!" I mumbled under my breath and looked away.

"I beg your pardan ma'am?" Brook said leaning towards me.

I sighed- a longish dramatic  sigh.

Drama seems to be the need of the hour since point blank refusal  may not work.

"Do you - um- are you acquainted with Shravan  Malhotra?" I asked sounding as grim as I could manage.

"No Ma'am not yet."

*sigh* I pulled another longish sigh.

Tears! Where are you when I need you?

" Shambhoo!" I said looking at my man with narrowed eyes. "  You know how things are at present. Now tell me how do I respond?" I faked a sob as best I could.

"Me?" The dimwit responded looking shocked.

At least he stopped wiggling his eyebrows!

" Mr. Brook sometimes I don't know what to do!" I covered my face with my palms hoping he will think I am distraught. Peeking through my fingers I saw he did look uncomfortable.

Good.

Meanwhile Shravan was looking grieved!

Is he thinking I am really crying?!

"Pheeet-"

The loud sound from just outside the room made Brook twirl around.

"W- What was that ?" Brook had an alarmed look on his face.

"Bubblegum." I and Shravan chorused.

" Bubblegums here whistle?!"

" It is a pet Brook not the chewing candy you might be thinking of " Shravan said looking relieved at the opportunity to distract Brook.

I could hear both the grandfathers shouting- the usual chaotic situation  when both Kitty and Mouse are in front of them.

Bubblegum must have come inside the house hearing all the noise.

I walked out of the room pretending to check on the noises coming from outside.

Shravan immediately started walking  behind me leaving Brook with no choice but follow us.

Drat! I had hoped to escape  from Brook.

Once outside I scooped up Bubblegum who had scurried up to me. " Mr. Brook meet this cutie here- Brook! Mr. Brook !?"

Why is he running!?

I face palmed when I soon realised the reason for his action.

" Why were you crying?" Shravan's whisper made me continue to cover my face with my palm.

I felt his fingers pry away my hand from my face.

I opened my eyes to see his concerned face bent down at my eye level.

Warmth surged in my chest as I met his eyes. He may  be behaving like a dimwit right now,  but he is my dimwit.

"I really want to kiss you right now." I grinned at him.