Chapter 6.

Shravan's POV.

"Shravan there has been some activity since past few minutes in the radio- like someone is trying to contact us." Officer Smith informed me as I entered the back room of the research centre.

"Who is it?" I asked walking towards him.

"I don't know. Nothing is coming across clear." He stifled a yawn as he spoke.

"You go and rest. I will keep an eye." I said and he nodded. He was a sincere person and working long hours to ensure everything works out smoothly.

I sat on the chair and leaned back, closing my eyes. I let my thoughts wander to Sumo. She must be worried about me- and maybe angry too.

"Only this last time love. Once we get to the truth of this case, I will never hide anything from you." My soft voice seemed to resound in the surrounding silence of the room.

The radio crackled to life and I straightened up. I leaned over abd saw the signal was strong and not wavering as it had been when Officer Smith had been here.

"Hello Papa." I said reading the frequency to be from my father, in Delhi.

"Bijli girane main hoon ayi- kahte hai mujhko hawa hawai"

I reeled back almost peeling the headset away from my head. What the hell was this screeching horror?

"Papa?" I asked into the receiver.

"Hawa Hawai- hawa Hawai"

"What the hell is the meaning of this? Who is this?" A fear gripped my heart. Was Papa all right?

"Helloooo" Once again the weird sound came through.

"Who the hell is this?" I thundered.

"Speak to Madame"

"Who is your Madame?"

"Greetings from Mrs. Shamboo Tamboowala."

Sumo- I closed my eyes. She knows.

Trust Pushkar to have the strangest call opening!

"What are you two doing here?"

I heard my Papa's angry voice in the background and shook my head. These two had found out somehow and now there was no telling what was going on in their mind.

"Wait! Don't run away Pushkar! Suman!" Papa's pissed voice told me the two were indeed upto something drastic now.

"We don't talk to biased people. You talk to your over smart son, who thinks he is the smartest man on this planet." Sumo's voice made me smile. I could almost imagine the pissed face as she must be talking to my father right now.

Over the past months their relationship had really developed into a close bond. My father had come clean about why he had done what he had years back and both had since then become really close.

"Suman I am not biased-" my father tried to reason but Sumo was in no mood to listen.

"You are partial to your son-"

"Sumo-" I tried to break into the conversation. My mind may be worried at the situation but my heart was dancing in joy on hearing her voice after days.

"Mr. partial – there seems to be a grouchy Polar bear on the line. You talk to him."

"Shravan? You are on line? I did not realise they had managed to connect!" My father's voice came clearer as he came near the mike.