Chapter 31

Shravan's POV.

To say I was in a bad mood would be an understatement right now.

"Are you sure you want to do this Sumo?" I asked yet again. She looked at me from where sge was across the room and walked up to me.

"Did I disappoint you Shravan with my suggestion?" she asked me softly her eyes searching her answer in mine.

Groaning softly I opened my arms to her "Come here."

She shifted to move in between my arms and I wrapped them around her pulling her to my chest.

Kissing her forehead I said softly "It is you that I wanted to please, to make you happy and relaxed."

Sumo put her arms around my waist and placed her head on my chest. "I am happy Shravan. More than words can ever describe."

I felt her sigh against my chest and my arms tightened around her.

Tilting her head slightly she craned her neck to look up into my face "As long as you are beside me, as long as we are together it does not matter where we are."

I smiled down at her. "You are right love. That is the only thing that really matters."

Smiling back at me she said. "Besides this is just a pause to the plans you had made. We will continue our honeymoon as soon as things are more in control there."

I smiled at her words. Instead of saying we were interrupting our honeymoon my sweetheart insisted on using the word 'pause'.

And that is exactly how I intent this to be. Just a short detour to London, to set things right and then we will carry on with the rest of our plans.

Pushing her away gently I pulled her nose lightly "We will continue honeymooning all our lives love. For now let's go and dump you in the ocean."

She started giggling "I think I will scuba dive all the way to London."

"My mermaid-" I hissed in irritation as the rest of my loving teasing to my beloved wife got interrupted bthe ringing of my phone.

Sumo just giggled harder as I showed her the name on screen before rolling my eyes and answering.

"Yes Papa?" I sighed. He really needs to look up a dictionary to understand what honeymoon means.

I face palmed as he yet again told me his father's latest stunt. "Is Dadaji around? Can I talk to him?" I asked as Sumo bounced away from my arms grinning at me.

I wanted to chase after my gorgeous wife but I was stuck playing the wise one between possibly the most mismatched father son duo in the history of mankind.

"Hello Dadaji?" I spoke into the phone moments later as he took the phone from my father.

"Shravan? Are you all right? Did you fall short of money? Did Suman finally leave you and run away with a more eligible man? Did you forget your how wife looks and dragged another woman beside you? Did you-"

"Dadaji!" I pinched the bridge of my nose. "None of those things happened or ever will. Everything is fine with me and Sumo."

"Then why are you making phone calls while on honeymoon?"

"Papa called me to-"

Of course I had said the wrong thing. I felt like banging my head on the wall as the conversation on the other side of the phone happened.

Dadaji: Bakri! You called Shravan? When will you grow up?"

Papa: I had to tell him about you Papa. And stop calling me Bakri I am not a goat!