Chapter 62

Shravan's POV.

"Will you make brownies for me?" Pushkar asked Sumo hopefully.

"Why should I?" Sumo narrowed her eyes at him.

"Your husband is out of judicial custody? You are not happy? Or are you planning on having dinner with Jatin- oof. Bhaiya don't kick!"

"I should strangle you instead." I told the brat.

"Sumo even if you go on dinner with the very nice Jatin do make the brownies for me."

He dodged me and raced inside the Tiwari house. We went quite as others started walking in.

The atmosphere in Tiwari house was heavy as unsaid words seem to float around us.

I was still coming to terms with Danny continue to being hostile towards me. My father and Charles were barely talking to me.

"Sumo love, it is best I go to Malhotra Mansion. I mean things are not quite normal-" I whispered to her.

"Not normal?! Are you with aliens here?" She snapped before I could complete my sentence and I kept shut not wanting to irritate her further. I saw Danny and Charles go up the stairs probably wanting to give the family some privacy.

I looked around and saw Babloo Uncle and Pushpa Aunty walk into the house looking tensed.

What happened next was something that none of us were prepared for.

Priya Aunty walked upto Pushpa Aunty and slapped her. Babloo Uncle pulled his wife away quickly "Priya didi I promise you it's not her fault."

"Yes it is." Priya Aunty stepped forward towards her sobbing sister. "When she found out you were up to no good she should have warned us." Priya aunty's eyes were blazing as she spoke without moving her eyes away from her sister's face. "Trying to do damage control was not good enough."

"I am sorry." Pushpa aunty whispered.

"The fact that you took Shravan for a blood test proves that you knew something was wrong." My father said as he came and stood beside Priya Aunty along with Sumo's father.

I exchanged looks with Sumo and Pushkar. We started moving away but Sumo's Nanu stopped us from leaving.

"You all have been affected as well. You have the right to know the details, especially you Preeti." Nanu insisted.

Preeti stood there quietly, her facing showing no expression.

Sumo placed an arm around her and gently pulled her aside to sit and sat down herself beside her.

Pushkar and I could not do much other than stand close to them.

What unravelled was not anything we could have even remotely guessed over the years.

"As a youngster I had fallen into bad company as many youngsters do. In my case my friends turned out to be connected to a dangerous gang that was involved in illegal activities. When I realised this I wanted to distance myself from them. However it was not that simple." Babloo Uncle spoke softly.

"Finally they agreed to let me go however they needed as they called it, a favour from me in return." He stopped and inhaled deeply. "They said there was a new young upcoming Lawyer and I should get friendly to her and put her on false trail as she seemed to be a potential danger for their future."

"So you targeted getting friendly to Priya?" Sumo's father asked fury evident in his voice.

Babloo uncle nodded "However I soon realised that it was practically impossible with the four of you being very close."