Chapter 19

The glitch on wattpad since morning  seems to be gone now. Hope all can access the chapter now.:)

Aplologies guys since I could not upload it earlier. My internet crashed last evening  for sometime hence the delay.

Thank you guys for recommending all my books for Telly awards 2018.  Hard to believe that this year I actually have three of them! You all reminded me when I got the notifications from the tags - haha!

Shravan's POV.

I dialled Anuj's number with a mixed feeling and started talking as soon as he answered.

"Hey Anuj. There is some good news as well as not so good news about Sumo's parents. The good news is that they along with few other people have been freed from the group that had them for so many years. Currently they are being given some medical treatment and should be back in India within a few days." I took a deep breath before continuing

"The bad news is that they had been made to believe their only daughter had died. It is a long story Anuj, I will explain in detail when I reach but for now Sumo cannot meet them as their daughter."

"What? But that is not a good thing!"

I froze as I heard the words and recognised the voice.

"Pushkar!" I uttered with a feeling of despair. "What the hell are you doing answering Anuj's mobile?"

"He asked me to since he is taking care of some marriage preparations." The brat brushed off he matte "You continue what you were telling. That is important bhaiya!"

"Pushkar that is supposed to be kept secret from Sumo for now! I will tell her myself when I reach there!" I said with exasperation. "That is why I called Anuj! You were not supposed to know!"

"Bhaiya I can keep secrets!" came the indignant retort.

"What secrets are you talking about?" Sumo's voice in the background made in close my eyes in dread.

"Um? Who me?"

I face palmed at the brat's lameness.

"Who are you talking with for so long on Anuj bhaiya's mobile? You were just supposed to tell the caller he will call back!"

"It is bhaiya!"

"Ass!" I mumbled.

"Shravan?" Sumo gasped "What secret is he keeping from me again?"

"Um-um um-"

"You give me the phone!"

"No! It is- er- a different bhaiya!" the brat said in a rush "The- the- doodhwala bhaiya! You know the milkman!"

"What secrets can doodhwala bhaiya tell you Pushy? Don't talk crap. Give the phone to me!" Sumo's voice sounded closer now.

"No no nononono no!" the brat gave out the fakest laugh possible "Not secrets- er -um cigarettes! Yeah that's right! We were talking about his cigarette smoking bad habit!" the brat prattled and I wanted to teleport myself there to strangle the big fat goose!

"Um- Bhaiya you cannot smoke cigarettes while delivering milk to us. It er- gives smoky flavour to milk which we do not like. Okay?" with that the line got disconnected.

I sighed to myself. How do important matters get complicated when these two are concerned?

***

I could barely contain my smile as I stepped out of the plane and started walking. I am here to start my wedding preparations with the treasure of my life!