Chapter 54.

Suman's POV.

I realised the reason for the sheer darkness. Pushkar had engulfed me in a tight hug, covering my eyes in that process!

"Let go you oaf!" I pushed at the idiot. All my efforts were in vain as the brainless fellow was determined to take me away from where we were standing. He shifted slightly and was now holding me tightly around my shoulders.

I let him pull me away, since I knew I could not convince him without creating a scene in front of Brook.

My mind was in a whirlpool of emotions currently. It was easier not to resist being dragged away from Shravan than it would be normally.

His pain was vibrating around me in waves, however for once my heart did not seem to catch the intensity of his despair enough for me to reach out to him.

Sumo would always trust her Shravan, however what about Suman the daughter?

I was left parentless for years. For that I could be reasonable enough and hear Shravan's side of the details.

What about my parents? They lost years of their life. For years they had been thought to be dead.

They are alive however after being stripped of their choice of existence. Everything they had made for themselves socially, financially, rationally – everything had been manipulated to mock them. They had been stripped of the memories they had made in their lifetime.

Now they were on road to recovery and normal life- as normal as life could be after being robbed of over a decade of normalcy.

As their daughter I cannot fail them, not after life has already failed them.

Ramnath Uncle had booked them the tickets to their doom. He had been a victim of manipulations and had done it unknowingly.

He had been punished by the almighty in his own way by shredding away his own family life.

Nirmala Aunty had been relentless, not even for a moment did she sway away from her friendship to my parents, even at the cost of being separated by her own son.

Today the son was in the radar of investigation. I know Shravan will face every storm that will come his way, provided his Sumo is with him, beside him.

"Pushy let go!" I elbowed him on the ribs when he refused to budge even after we had entered my room.

"Stop attacking me, you thankless creature!" He grumbled loosening his hold.

"Thankless creature!? Do you know what I am going through right now?"

"You are used to being sad. I am sure you will cope." Pat came the reply making me gape at him.

"You insensitive bugger!" I kicked his shin and missed toppling forward.

He caught me with a grin. "There, the colour is back on your cheeks. Anger suits you better than 'oh I will drown in sorrow expression.'" He winked at  me as he patted my cheek tenderly.

Something tugged at my heart and I threw my arms around the bear in a ridiculous get up of bright green Saree and looked comical.The tears threatened to spill,

I breathed in hard ensuring the emotions stay bottled up, for now.

"Shravan-" I trailed off, unsure of the words that should follow.

Pushkar for once did not respond. His arms went around me as he tightened the hug.

Few moments later I pulled away and looked at the door of my room. On the other side there was a storm brewing. A storm that threatened to blow away more than I could ever hold on to.