Chapter 9.

Do stay tuned for reading the next Bridge chapter soon! Mr. Dutta needs to know who Miss Tiwari is engaged to –haha! Also why was Pushkar sharing food with Bubblegum and Kitty

Shravan's POV.

Life is not meant to be easy- and I never expect it to be easy. I have always thrived for challenges. I firmly believe they make me work better – achieve more.

But how does one work in the face of a challenge that threatens to bring with it a storm of unexpected emotions. Emotions that cannot be interpreted in advance but are sure to create havoc in our lives.

Flipping through these old files of a scientist who was hugely talented but had an air of mystery about him made me apprehensive of we could be discovering.

Maybe that is why there is a pre dominant rule that past should be past and not prodded on- it tends to bring with it skeletons that we may not even be aware they existed.

However here it is about finding out about human lives. We need to know whether the people who the world has accepted as dead and gone did perish or survived and are being for some reasons being kept away from mankind.

Poppa had said his father was hugely talented and this scientist does seem to add up to the description he had given. There was no proof but the details were uncanny.

I did not have access to confidential details so I could not be sure about the extent of his work- but it was easy to figure out that he had an unconventional way of working- as Poppa had said- eccentric suited him perfectly.

"What are you reading?"

Sumo's voice just behind me made me freeze. I know she does not like me hiding things from her but I do not like to see her in pain.

If she realises I am finding out details of the one person who is believed to be the mastermind behind her parents' plane mishap she will be emotionally intrigued to know the details.

And as of now there is no telling what the details could be.

Turning around to face her I smiled "Just some old files I came across." She smiled back and sat down on the chair next to me.

Still smiling she nodded at the few people around who addressed her cheerfully as Sammie. When she turned her eyes back on me they seemed to be serious- almost stern.

He pulled her chair closer to mine "So you happened to find some old files here in the research centre's library-" she gestured the room around with her hand before continuing softly "-that you find interesting enough to go through at a stretch?"

I stared at her not knowing how to respond. Clearly she was in no mood for any more of my evasive excuses and I was not sure if I could share the details with her.

She bent her head further towards me "Two things Shravan Malhotra-" my eyes widened further at her look and her tone "A- Do not underestimate me. B- Do not overestimate yourself."

She got up the very next instance and said in a slightly hoarse sounding soft voice "I understand you are busy. I am going out with Mommy and Davey- to watch Penguins."

Darting a smile for the benefit of the few people around she turned around and walked away out of the library.

I watched her go in a stunned silence.

Is that I am doing?

Overestimating myself- no I am not but perhaps I am underestimating her.

Arranging the files and putting them back in their place I rushed out after her. I saw her heading towards the living section and went behind her.

"Sammie!" I called out and she stopped and looked around her eyebrows raised.