Chapter 63

Shravan's POV.

Even before entering the Courtroom the battle of wits and words had already started.

"Why do you need to question Shravan again today?" Sumo asked Priya Aunty as she went through the list of Witnesses for the day.

"It is essential."

"I want to know why?"

"Shravan are you over eighteen years of age?"

I almost sprang up from the bonnet of the car I was leaning against.

"Ye-s-" I looked around, not quite sure if Aunty really wanted a response from me.

"Then your Lawyer needs to treat you as an adult and stop babysitting you."

Choruses of chuckle made me glare at Pushkar -and was that Rahul chuckling along?

Mother daughter continued their debate till we walked inside the courtroom.

Sumo started her argument.

"Your honour it has already been proved that the suspected spyware had been removed by Shravan Malhotra. In my opinion we need to identify the real culprit instead of playing a cat and mouse game involving Shravan and the Lawyer of the opposition."

"I object your honour. Shravan may not be guilty of committing the crime however he is an important witness for the case." Priya Aunty countered while I squirmed in my seat.

"Objection sustained."

"Before we proceed your honour I would like to produce two other vital witnesses for the case. I have already submitted the request for the same." Sumo said in a low voice.

The judge looked at the names and looked surprised. The consent was given and the two new names were called out.

"Witness Number one Suman Tiwari, Witness number two Mrs Priya Tiwari."

A murmur of surprise and shock vibrated across the courtroom.

Sumo removed her black overcoat and Rahul took charge calling for her as the next witness. I am still a Lawyer in this case yet I am sitting here clueless.

Rahul seemed to guess my thoughts and gave me a smug look and puffed his chest as he inhaled deeply.

"Chimpanzee." I mumbled softly.

"He may start jumping for joy soon." Pushkar whispered to me while smiling at Rahul.

"Miss Suman please tell us what happened the day next to this specific sports day in school?"

"The day had started normally-"

"I object your Honour. We are not here to discuss time tables and routines of different people of the family." Priya Aunty stopped Sumo almost right away.

Rahul the worthless fellow stood there gulping with no counter words.

"Aunty is too fierce. Only Sumo has been able to counter her. She makes you too break into sweat." Pushkar the traitor commented. I had been going through the details and had an idea what he was asking.

"Objection sustained." The Judge ruled.

I stood up and whispered to Rahul and he nodded giving me a grateful look.

"Let me rephrase my question your honour. Miss Suman, were you involved in any accident the next day?"

"Yes. My mother's car met with an accident the next day after she had picked me up from school."