Chapter Twenty-three

almost at my goals!!

22k reads and 1k votes!!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Im so out of place here Mikey."

I whined as we walked into the bar n' grill that seemed more of a punk/emo meet up which made me self conscious about my tight slacks and long sleeved blouse that was almost covered by Michael's jacket I forced him to give me once we got out of the car. Michael fit right in with his eyebrow piercing, bright red hair, ripped jeans, and band shirt.

But of course, Michael deemed would help me get my mind off of things, so I would have to suck it up.

With a chuckle, Mikey took my hand and drug me towards a table that a lanky guy occupied, his tan skin made his shaggy black hair almost stand out as he gazed down at his phone, quickly typing away as a smile lifted on his lips.

Once we approached him, his head lifted and his brown gaze met my blue one, causing me to give him a timid smile as Mikey spoke up.

"Glad you could make it, Calum."

He grinned as the guy- Calum stood and did some sort of secret handshake with Miley before hugging him tightly before they both turned their attention to me.

"Damn, Mikey- didn't think you could score that high."

Calum joked as he stepped towards me and held his hand out to me.

"Shut up- she's not my girlfriend you arse. She's my friend and her name is Mercedes."

Mikey spoke rolling his eyes at Calum as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles with a faint smirk.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mercedes."

He hummed and pulled me closer to the table and pulling out a chair for me.

"The pleasures mine."

I said, sitting down in the chair and pulling the chair closer to the table and he planted himself in the chair next to me.

"Indeed it is."

He murmured, biting his lip as he watched me closely, his eyes slightly dilated. Michael cleared his throat as he leaned forward, smiling lightly as he tried at a conversation.

"So have you heard from Ed?"

He questioned Calum as I glanced around the place in search of Michael's best friend who I'd met only a handful of times.

"Yeah- he says he's going up in like five minutes."

With a nod, Michael glanced at me before chuckling and leaning forward to speak to me directly.

"Ed has the voice of a fucking angel."

I almost giggled at his statement as a waitress approached us decked out of black leather and tattoos.

"Trying to corrupt the citizens again lads?"

The girl spoke with a thick Scottish accent, making her speech almost unidentifiable.

"You know it Pres."

Calum chuckled, placing his hand over my shoulders causing me to stiffen, completely uncomfortable with the situation.

"Yeah, well use protection Cal."

She winked as Mikey sat up straighter and faced her, huffing.

"You know, Calum isn't the only one who can score here ya know."

The girl tsked and leaned down, tilting Mikey's head back to press an open mouthed kiss onto his lips before pulling away after a moment, leaving Michael pouting and my jaw cleaning the floor.