Chapter Four

Sweat dripped off my skin, my breath ragged as I continued my movements- my breath escaping me in short pants. The cool air blew, momentarily cooling my hot body as my body moved. My feet carried me quickly across the pavement, music blaring in my ears and encouraging me to continue.

As I neared a lamp post and bench in the park, I slowed down as did my partner- Niall's friend I had met at the grocery store the other day.

I leaned against the lamp post, breathing heavily as I wiped sweat from forehead, yanking my headphones out of my ear as Ingrid plopped down on the bench pulling her headphones out and leaning her head back, panting slightly.

"We just ran...4 miles."

She spoke as I walked to the bench, sitting down beside her and closed my eyes.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to die.."

I said and laughed, smiling over at her.

"We're not already?"

She joked, laughing softly. I leaned back against the bench and bit my lip, looking around the park with a hum.

"Oh, maybe we are- look."

I said nudging her side with my elbow, pointing over to two really good looking guys jogging our way.

"Holy shit, Mercedes- good catch."

Ingrid said, following my gaze.

"I call dibs on the black haired one."

She said wiping sweat from her forehead and trying to make herself look semi presentable in the state we were in. I laughed and used my shirt to wipe the sweat gathering on my forehead before Ingrid jumped up, pulling me with her.

"C'mon, let's stay in from of them."

I groaned as we began jogging just a couple feet ahead of them.

"Why do we have to do this?"

I said smiling as I put one head phone in and turned my music way down.

"Because I've been doing squats and I need to show off my ass in someway, Mercedes."

Ingrid said as if it was obvious. I shook my head as I held in a much needed laugh over her statement.

"Ah of course- how could I be so stupid?"

I said, rolling my eyes before I felt someone jog up beside me.

"Hello ladies."

A guy said from beside me and I realized it was one of the guys that were suppose to be behind us.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Ingrid and I said at the same time, focusing on the men beside us. She had the black haired guy to her left and I had the brown hair one to my right.

"I'm liam."

The guy to my right said as I looked up at him.

"I'm Mercedes."

I said with a smile as I did a quick evaluation of him.

He had nicely shaped beard with his hair cut real short. His brown eyes were almost as bright as his smile.

"You have a beautiful name."

Liam said as we jogged around a curved in the sidewalk.

"Thank you."

I spoke as I noticed how built he was in his wife beater and black basketball shorts.

"Your welcome."

Liam chuckled and bite his lip before the black haired guy spoke up loud enough for us to hear.

"So I was wondering if you girls would be interested in grabbing some drinks later."

Ingrid grinned at me already nodding as we all slowed down to a walk.

"Of course."

Ingrid spoke up as I was about to speak.

"Alright, well here- just give me your numbers and we'll call you."

He said pulling out his iPhone and handing it to Ingrid first.

"Alrighty, we'll be looking forward to it, Zayn."

She said with a smile and a bite of her lip, creating her contact- even going as far as taking a contact picture.

Eventually she handed my his phone and I quickly created myself a contact and added my number before handing him his phone with a smile.

"Thanks ladies, see you around."

Liam said smiling at us.

"Welcome, see ya."

Ingrid said as she pulled me towards her car that was parked a few yards away.

"Bye."

They both said and waved. As we said our farewells and began our journey to Ingrid's car, I could sworn I saw then bump fists like they'd scored something, but I shrugging it off hurrying after Ingrid as she began gushing over the Zayn guy.