Chapter Twenty-two

new goal: 1k votes &22k reads

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

.three days later.

Mercedes's point of view

"Luke, I just want to go home at this point."

I sighed as I skyped Luke. With a sigh, I adjusted my screen so I could see my dirty blonde haired best friend.

"Look, did Louis find out about Harry?"

He asked with a frown, watching me closely.

Biting my lip, I thought back to a few days ago before Louis and I fought before canceling our vacation and returning home. With a shake of my head, I glanced up at Micheal who walked towards me, holding two cups of hot chocolate, a small smile lifting on his lips as he flipped the open of the cafe sign closed before he walks towards me.

"No, he didn't."

I shook my head and glanced back down at my Luke.

"Good, what did you say?"

He questioned, biting his lip. A sigh escaped me as I thought back to the fight between Louis and I.

"What are you doing?"

I asked, my voice rising as I gaped at Louis who held the phone to his ear as he paced back and forth in the living room of our suite. With a frown, I set our hot chocolate cups on the coffee table once I walked into the living room.

Louis grimaced as he watched me with a hostile stance, watching my every move. Slowly, I made my way toward him as he clutched my phone in his hand, wondering why he was so callous.

"Your 'babe' called you."

He spoke simply, holding my phone out towards him as I felt my stomach tie in knots. I gulped silently as I took my phone and frowned down at my phone, straining my mind for something to think help me elud myself from this situation.

"It's not what you think, Louis.."

I countered, despondence clear in my voice.

"Then what is it Mercedes's? Please, elaborate on how this is not what I think because it looks like you're having an affair with a engaged man."

"What?"

I murmured, eyes wide with shock as Louis stood in front of me stiff and full of animosity.

"Harry Styles he's engaged to Tristan Grey,a former model at my mother's model agency."

"Nothing good, but I've gotten no where with any of them. I've got a date with Liam tomorrow to talk about things, Zayn wants to catch a movie this Friday and Niall invited me to go to an amusement park with his friend Ingrid."

With a hum, I thought back to the last time Ingrid and I last hung out. Damn, it's been awhile.

"Well, I don't know what to say."

He spoke, causing me to snort in annoyance. Of course he wouldn't. The only thing he usually did know how to do was persuade me to dig a deeper hole for myself.

"It's fine, Luke, but I've got to go now."

I sighed as he frowned before nodding.

"How's my mom doing?"

I questioned quickly, my finger hovering over the small square smooth pad of the laptop where my finger could become the mouse.

"Good, she's getting better everyday. They think she actually may be overcoming it."

He spoke, but the hint of a lie didn't elude me, but I decided to let it slid for now,for everyone's sake.

"Alright, well, I'll call you tomorrow alright. Get ready for work."

I teased, smiling as I moved the mouse towards disconnect.

"Oh shut up."

Luke said, rolling his eyes as Micheal sat down across from me. I laughed before Luke ended the skype and I closed my laptop, sighing.

"How's your mom?"

He questioned, sliding my hot chocolate towards me as I placed my laptop on the booth seat beside me.

"I don't know- I feel like Luke is hiding something from me."

I shrugged, sighing as I took the cup from him, murmuring a quiet thank you before glancing up at me.

"He just doesn't want to distract you- uni is starting next month, you can't be distracted. Maybe he's trying to help."

"I want to know how my mother is, Mike, I don't want to be in the shadow about her. She's going to die one day, and I want to ready."

I spoke solemnly, watching Micheal as he took a sip from his hot chocolate, his face becoming taught as he quickly swallowed the steamy liquid, wincing slightly.

"Wow that's hot, but- I understand, but if you don't mind me asking.. What does she have? I think I forgot what you said.."

"My mother and father were in a wreck, my father died on impact and my mother was paralyzed from the waist down..'

I spoke quietly before continuing.

"And a few months ago the doctors found out she had breast cancer."

Micheal's eyes softened as he watched me before he reached over and took my hand, speaking softly.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I'm here for you babe."

I nodded before I looked down.

"C'mon, you need a distraction."

Micheal spoke quickly, an sympathetic smile rising onto his lips.

"Where are we going- it's almost midnight Mike. Everything's closed."

"Relax, it's this great bar and grill I found a few weeks back with Ed, he's preforming tonight. It'll be great babe."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

whoa almost 1000 words

anyaways, filler because I've been through a lot of technical difficulties these past few days to even write this okay

ily all

dedicated to harryswifeoops because she's been voting 69ever