Chapter One

"You better bring me something back."

Luke said as I stood by the luggage conveyer thing.

"I will, I promise."

I said into the phone as I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Your mum says to bring her back a postcard."

Luke chuckled as I searched for my suitcases.

"Of course she'd ask for that, tell her I will."

I said as I shook my head with a soft smile.

"Her nurse just put her asleep, but I'll tell her as soon as she wakes up to take her medicine."

Luke murmured as I located one of my suitcases, taking a step toward it as it slowly made it's way towards me.

"Alright, how did they say she was doing?"

I said as I bit my lip, getting ready to reach for my bag.

"She's doing-"

"Here I've got that."

I began reaching for my bag, but just as my fingers brushed against the handle a soft voice said, reaching past mine and grasping the handle of my bag, pulling it off the luggage pick up.

"Thank you."

I said as I straightened and took my bag when he handed it to me.

"Mercedes?"

Luke questioned as my gaze walked up the man's arm and to his face.

"Your welcome."

He spoke softly, a smile tinting his beautiful face. My eyes widened slightly as I looked up at him, a blush tinted my cheeks.

"Do you have more luggage?"

He asked as he reached over grabbing a black suitcase and setting it beside him.

"Uhm-yeah- I think so."

I stammered, nodding and looking down, glancing up to watch him as he began searching the luggage pickup.

His hair was a deep bronze color and lay skillfully disheveled, framing his lightly tanned skin and blue green eyes. He looked like he could be in his mid early or twenties, I couldn't be exactly sure.

"Would you like me to help you get it?"

He asked, shifting his gaze to me.

"Yeah- thanks."

I said, smiling sheepishly as I wondered why I was acting like a teenage girl meeting her idol.

"No problem, love."

He spoke as our gazes fell back to the luggage pick up.

"MERCEDES!"

I heard Luke yell from the other end making me jump slightly.

"Shit Luke- what-"

I said huffing in slight annoyance that he yelled in my ear even though I had forgotten I was even on my phone.

"I've been calling your name for the past five minutes, Jesus Christ. I have to go to work now."

Luke sighed as I frowned.

"I'm sorry Luke, I'll call you tomorrow okay?"

"Better."

He said before we shared goodbyes and I hung up, sliding my phone into his jumper pocket. Hopefully Luke wouldn't be mad I stole it even though there wasn't much he could do about it now.

"Boyfriend?"

The man asked from beside me, glancing down at me. I laughed and shook my head, smiling.

"No, it was my friend. I don't have a boyfriend."

"Oh.."

He said, his smile widening more as he put his left hand into his pocket before speaking again.

"Well, it's a shame, you're a very beautiful girl."

I felt my cheeks heat up at his words. I wasn't exactly used to attention from guys.

"Thank you,"

I spoke, smiling up at him as my mind began wondering what his name was.

"Louis. Louis Tomlinson."

He said as if he read my mind.

"Louis Tomlinson, I like it. I'm Mercedes Cross."

I said holding my hand out towards him.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mercedes Cross."

Louis said, taking my hand and shaking it, gazing down at me. I smiled, awkwardly enjoying the feeling of my hand in his grasp as I said,

"The pleaser is mine."

For minute we stood there, looking into each other's eyes, analyzing each other before quickly letting go of each other's hands and clearing our throats.

"Well, uhm- Merc, may I call you that?"

He asked as we faced the luggage pick up.

"Yeah, sure."

I smiled and nodded, noticing that there were only two suitcases left on the luggage pick up, one of them being mine.

"Alright, well, I was wondering,"

He asked as we both reached and grabbed our luggage, pulling it off the metal conveyer. My eyes shifted from my suitcase to him as he continued talking.

"If you're free sometime, we could grab some coffee soon."

He said with a candy sweet smile.

"Sure, I'd love to."

I said softly with a smile, nodding. Wow this was uh....usual.

"Perfect, well- may I get your number love?"

He asked as he took an iPhone out of his pocket. I nodded again and kicked my lips.

"'Course, Louis."

I said as I took out my phone out and handed it to him as he handed me his.

Quickly we exchanged numbers before saying prolonged goodbyes as we parted ways.

As I walked away, I smiled down at my phone and gazing at Louis's contact.

Maybe moving here would be a new start for me.

__________

thank you guys for the votes & reads

I hope you guys are enjoying this

I am sorry for this sucky chapter lmao

anyways, keep reading, voting, and commenting!!

stay beautiful

xx