57

THANK YOU FOR 40K I REALLY DONT DESERVE YOU GUYS IM SUCH A SHITTY WRITER LIKE WHAT

ive been writing this stupid ass chapter all month enjoy this trash this book is ending very soon if you couldn't tell lmao

also go stream sweetener bitchers

ily guys

fifty-seven

harry

"Harry, I'm sorry but you've missed way too much school the past month. You're behind in all your classes, you've missed deadlines, tests, all your exams. I'm sorry but there is genuinely nothing I can do but hold you back a semester." The principal explained, my heart sunk.

"Sir, my grandmother died! I had to take care of her, she was sick!"

"Harry you should've found the time to let us know earlier so we could accommodate to your situation. It's too late, I'm sorry," The bastard said, taking off his thin glasses and pinching the bridge of his nose. My breath rose, I could feel my palm ball up on my thigh.

"Are you serious right now?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "That is the most inconsiderate, sefish-"

"Okay, what do you want me to do? Huh? The boy who caused the most problematic year we've had in a decade missed 27 days of school in a less than a 2 month span, missed exam week!, and now wants me to pass him? Harry, school ends in three days, there is no way you can prepare yourself for four exams when you haven't attended a single class in a week! Whether or not you pass, you won't earn all your credits. There is nothing I can do for you. You'll have to make them up in the U.S."

I was speechless. It was out of my hands now— I lost the chance of getting my scholarship renewed, my GPA is ruined, and now I have to take summer school. I know it's fucked up to say but I feel like the universe is just against me. Like what else could possibly happen?

I stood up from the uncomfortable wooden chair and walked out of the principals office, silent. I walked the slightly busy lunchtime halls of Lincoln Prep and just decided to head home. Exams were still going on so it was pointless for me to stay the afternoon.

The empty feeling in my chest hasn't left me yet. I felt hollow, to say the least. Felt as though if someone was to tap me it would echo. I didn't want to leave Brooklyn, but I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of Cheshire and just go home.

I didn't really feel like going back "home" to Brooklyn's and sitting in an empty house until the family got home so I decided to take a walk around the track. I secretly liked coming there just to sit on the bleachers, watch the teams run practices, and just think. Especially during study halls.

The green fake grass was empty this time.

Atleast was that's what I thought.

I spotted a very sweaty shirtless guy at the bottom of the bleachers chugging from a waterbottle. He quickly noticed me and waved, smiling.

"Harry! Hey man!" He said once I got close enough to him. It was only then when I recognized him as Carter, Maggie's brother.

"Hey," I said with as much energy as I could.

"Brooklyn told me about your Nana, I'm so sorry mate. I'm always here for you, hope you know that, man." He said, my eyebrows involuntary furrowed.

"You and Brooklyn talk?"

"We're just friends. Are you and her still broken up..?" He asked slowly, my eyebrows knitted together.

"Broken up?" I questioned, "We never broke up.." I continued. His eyes widened.

"Why? Where'd you hear that?"

"....Shit, Coach is watching, gotta keep running," Carter said and literally sprinted away from me and the "coach" was no where to be seen. I just decided to shake off the interaction from my mind and walked off the track and back into the parking lot. Out of no where, someone ran up on me and slapped my ass.

The brown girl ran backwards past me, grinning. "How you gon' walk 'round here with all that ass!" Brooklyn shouted and I cracked my first smile in days.

I caught up with her and pecked her lips, interlacing our fingers. "What are you doing here?" She asked, resting her head on my shoulder as we walked. "Just came by to talk about finals and stuff,"

"Oh cool. My exams wrapped today so I'm free a day early." She said. I smiled down at her, it almost seemed real.

"I should tell you something,"

"Mhm..."

"It's been really nice staying with you the past week but my mom bought me a ticket for Saturday morning."

"But you're coming back for the funeral, right?"

"Actually.. we got her cremated and my aunt already took the ashes earlier this week. We're having the service in Carolina."

"...Oh.."

"So.. basically... tomorrow is your last day?"

"...yeah,"

"then tomorrow is gonna have to be the best day of our lives."