41

forty-one

forty-one

brooklyn

The next day of school was conveniently our last day of school that term, so I couldn't give less of a single bloody shit. I kept my head down the whole day— slept through half of 3rd period and played candy crush all the way through 4th. Finally it was the end of the day and I caught Harry leaning up against my locker. I really would love to know how he always finds me before I do.

"Hi," I smiled at him, I almost wanted to kiss him in that moment. His green eyes shined down at me, cut up by random strands of his dark hair which was mostly covered by a maroon beanie. "Hey," he responded, taking a step closer to me. "You feeling better?" He asked softly, pinching my cheek and I smiled, nodding. "I'm okay, just so you know, I can get a ride you don't have to drive me to the hospital if your grandma is-"

"No, she's fine! I called her and she said she understands." I nodded.

"Come on, let's go," Harry jerked his head in the direction of the front door. I shut my locker for the last time for 2 weeks and we walked side by side down the hallway and to his car.

The cold December air hit me like a bitch, I clutched my jacket infront of my chest as we crossed the parking lot and to his car. He unlocked the door for me and immediately I slammed my being into the passengers seat, closing the door soon after.

The car radio turned on immediately after, as if on cue I heard the intro to ROBBERS making my heart skip. I turned my head to harry with a smile growing on my face, he just smirked, switching into reverse and pulling out of the parking spot.

We turned onto the main road, speeding down it as Matty's voice blasted through the speakers. I didn't even hold back and screamed, "She had a face straight out a magazine!" Harry chuckled, jumping a little.. "Sing with me you asshole!"

"God only knows why you'll never leave her," he mumbled.

"I can't hear you!" I yelled over the music, he just chuckled as his cheeks grew redder. "Come on, babe" I smiled, leaning over to look at him. He glanced at me.

"I'll give you one more time!" He shouted.

"We'll give you one more fight!" I continued.

"Said one more lie, will I know you." We yelled in unison. He smiled to himself as I lip-synced obnoxiously, dancing in my seat as the second verse continued. Memories flushed back into mind of the concert he took me to. The singing, the hand holding, the glances. It felt like yesterday but also 10 years ago.

"I'll give you one more time!" I sung, pointing at him. "Fuck, this is my favourite part," I cursed, turning the volume up.

"Now everybody's dead! And they're driving past my old school!" I yelled.

"And he's got his gun! He's got his suit on! And she says babe.."

"You look so cool!" We sung at the top of our lungs, hands clutched to our chests. The track eventually finished and we sung along to other songs on the album until we reached the hospital. To my surprise, once we entered, Derek, his mom, and his sister were sat in the waiting room... well... waiting.