9

nine

brooklyn

Harry and I walked to the concert venue with excited smiles on our faces. I was practically peeing my pants at this point because I loved the 1975 so much and I was finally seeing them, at no cost.

We walked hand in hand down the streets of downtown London. The sky was dark but the sun was still peeping out. Silence fell over the talkative bunch, that's what Ms. Michaels calls us anyways. Suddenly confidence popped into me, and I asked the brunette a sudden question.

"Does your father know you're with me?" I asked him and his breath hitched. "Not exactly." I nodded, "he wouldn't be pleased, would he?" I turned to him and he shook his head. His brown curls bouncing as he did so.

Harry grabbed my hand suddenly, "I don't give a fuck whether he's pleased. I really like you, and if my family won't accept that then oh well." Harry ranted to me. It scared me that he put his family's values under me, but then again his family's values are hating anyone who's different.

I wish I could tell Harry I liked him too, and I knew that was what he was expecting but I bit my lip squeezing his hand. We took a short cut through and alley and into the venue, he handed the two tickets to the people at the front and we walced in.

The venue was small, a mosh infront of the stage and a balcony of seats that were pretty much just filled with the bands family. This is a hometown show anyways, they play like 4 venues and I'm sure no one would wanna go to a The 1975 concert on a Wednesday night.

Harry smiled taking my hand and leading me to a security guard, he just smiled at him and he escorted us to the front of the crowd.

"What the-" I began to comment, but he cut me off with that stupid grin of his.

"Anything for my princess." He whispered in my ear.

"That was fucking incredible!" I exclaimed walking out of the venue, Harry smiled not even looking around to catch the stares shooting at the slightly tipsy black girl screaming at 2am on a Wednesday night. Or Thursday, I guess.

"Your mom is probably so worried" he responded and I shook my head, sipping from my water bottle. "No!" I exclaimed, "she's to busy fucking a Mexican businessman, let's go get something to eat."

Harry just chuckled wrapping his arm around my waist leading me into an empty deli. The door dinged as it opened, the older lady seated at a table with her head down jumped.

"A customer! Henry, a customer!" She said tying her apron back on and rushing behind the counter. "Can i help you?"

"Let me get two chilli dogs, to go." Harry said pulling out his card, at this point I didn't even bother trying to pay. Plus I didn't really want to. The lady nodded submissively and tapped Harry's credit card on the machine before handing it back to him. 'Henry' came out from the kitchen handing Harry the two hot dogs.

"Here you go, baby" he smiled handing one over to me. I almost choked on an olive when I heard my nickname. We walked out onto the street swaying slowly until we just decided to sit on the curb, the parking lot was atleast another 15 minutes away.

"You know," Harry began pointing his finger at me. "When I applied to leave North Carolina I was going through the schools website and I saw your art in the art show pictures" he said and I shook my head. "Oh no." I mumbled.

"No! Then Ms. Michaels told me about you, and how our styles are similar. I looked you up and I remember thinking- this girl is a fucking angel." He said and I just giggled, looking down at the empty cardstock that once held my hot dog.

I shook my head again, laughing. I swept some of my hair behind my ear flashing my eyes back up at Harry. He was beautiful, not going to lie. He had pretty green eyes that changed shades with his mood, when he laughed he had these deep dimples, and this brown curly mop on his head. He always wore the same collection of bracelets and rings, and a silver cross necklace. He was wonderful and I really enjoyed being around him. Not to mention the recurring sequence of dreams I've been having. Maybe I did like him, and it wasn't the worst think to admit it.

"I always saw you in the art room, walking around. I wanted to talk to you so bad I made that dick of a principal transfer me to AP History."

"I thought you came in October?" I asked and Harry shook his head. "I've been here since school started." He said and I bit my lip, staring down at the concrete.

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

"I thought you were out of my league." I couldn't help but burst out in laughter, which made Harry shiver- embarrassed about his confession. "Me? Out of your league?! Harry, I'm a fucking looser! Even my little brother has more friends than me! I can barely draw a circle, and Ms. Michaels is my only friend. If anything you're out of my league! You shouldn't even be looking at me right now." I scoffed, licking my lips and drifting my eyes away from the now red cheeked boy.

"Well, I am Brooklyn!" He shouted back at me. "I'm looking at you, and I think about you, and I write about you. So just tell me if you don't feel the same, because every day I fall more and more for you."

I looked down at my hands, feeling incredibly guilty at my burst. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, I was just trying to make light of the situation. I immediately leaned over to him and kissed him hard. Smiling when I realized we both popped a piece of gum after our meal. I pulled away slowly, standing up and throwing away the cardstock in the bin I was leaning against.

"Does that answer your question?" I asked a newly standing Harry. He smiled, biting his lip shyly and nodded.

"Yeah.."