16

sixteen

harry

friday

I sat home alone, as usual. It secretly bothered me that my grandmother has plans Friday night and I don't. Oh well. I was watching some lesbian movie, which sadly wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The plot was actually pretty good so I didn't regret choosing it, although the lotion sitting on my coffee table kind of embarrassed me.

Brooklyn has been grounded all week for not walking TJ home, i saw her today and she told me her mom took her phone away. I felt kind of isolated these past few days. a little voice in the back of my head kept telling me to sneak into Brooklyn's room and take her out, and the other voice told me- actually, fuck it.

I stood up from my couch making sure to delete the movie I downloaded first. I jogged up the stairs to my bedroom, struggling some black jeans over my legs. I threw on a black t-shirt and a red flannel and drenched myself in cologne.

I grabbed my wallet and keys off my nightstand and jogged out of the house, straight out of the house.

***

I reached Brooklyn's house about 20 minutes later, it was then when I realized I had no bloody way to wake this girl up.

It was only 11:17. That's not too late, right?

I left my car in park, on the opposite curb and ducked jogging to the side of Brooklyn's house where her window was. I reached down grabbing a handful of pebbles and began chucking them, one by one at the girls window.

I could see light, and a black figure pacing back and forth. After a good two minutes, I saw her curtains open, and soon her window. The brown girl stuck her head out looking down at me in shock.

"What are you doing here!?" She mouthed and I shrugged.

"I missed you!" I mouthed back and she just laughed, her dimples indenting her face. "Come out!" I mouthed again and she looked behind her, and told me to wait. I waited as she probably went to check if anyone was awake. A few seconds later she returned to her room. I saw as she picked a few things from her closet and disappeared to change. She sprouted back from the ground, in black jeans and a loose Arctic Monkeys t-shirt. God she was fucking hot, and that ass. Harry, come on man. Control yourself.

Her lights switched off and i darted into my car. I watched as Brooklyn tip-toed out her front door, only to sprint into my car trying to contain her giggles. I sped off her street, and out to the main road.

Brooklyn was still chuckling, out of breath. She looked at me with the biggest, goofiest smile, and my heart melted.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked, still laughing and I only smirked. "Somewhere very special." I said and Brooklyn rolled her eyes.

"Harry, if you're taking me to McDonalds, I swear-"

"Im not... Gotta save my appetite anyways" I joked, placing my hand on Brooklyn's thigh. She bit her lip, chuckling. "Is this a booty call, Styles?"

"Not exactly" I said, taking and unexpected turn onto a dirt road. Brooklyn looked at me in utter fear. "I'm not gonna kill you." I laughed and she just raised her eyebrows, drifting her eyes away.

"I hope not."

***

I parked any car at the last patch of tree free zone that this forest had, and I told Brooklyn to get out. We walked in silence for a little bit, until we soon reached the end of the, well, cliff.

"Harry, it really seems like you're gonna kill me." She giggled nervously, crossing her arms staring off into the view.

"Baby- if I wanted to kill you. I would've done it a lot sooner. Now, sit the fuck down." I said and she just laughed, collapsing down and crossing her legs. I sat next to her, both of my legs pulled up to my chest and my arms across my knees. I should've brought a real jacket it's kinda cold.

I couldn't help but look over at the beautiful girl sitting next to me. Her dark skin glowed in the moonlight, and the stars reflected in her dark eyes. Her luscious lips left agape staring down at the river below cliff.

The silence wasn't awkward, or uncomfortable. It was therapeutic.

"I love nights like these.." I spoke up and she looked up at me in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I just love nighttime. It's just weird because we were always taught to hate dark, to be afraid of it -but I always found it so.. comforting.."

"is that why you like me?"